CBR300R is on sale at honda.ca | GTAMotorcycle.com

CBR300R is on sale at honda.ca

deckard

cheap price for a brand new bike
makes all the used CBR300Rs on kijiji look way too expensive
surprisingly not many riders / new riders know about it
lets hope they sell out and the new CBR350RR comes to North America

just like the time honda decided to blowout the CBR125 to make way for the CBR250R

Given the crank recall, I'm surprised they are even still selling them new, unless the issue is already corrected at the factory (which, thinking about it, is likely if the recall kits should be at dealers by September).

Did Honda think this through or they just spitballing as they go.

Cbr125 then the 250 then the 300 and now the 350 soon to be a 400?

That's a lot of small bikes in a small market.
Just make a damn good 400cc bike and call it a day but then again when do they ever listen to their customers...how long for them to bring a 250cc to Canada whereas Kawi had a 250 for decades before Honda showed up (with a 125, lol).

honda probably sells more bikes in asia in a week than in canada in a year....so thats who they tailor their products to

honda probably sells more bikes in asia in a week than in canada in a year....so thats who they tailor their products to

Agreed, I know that, we are irrelevant. It just seems silly that Honda Canada and the dealers would want to deal with the hassle of so many parts and lines of machines etc...

cheap price for a brand new bike
makes all the used CBR300Rs on kijiji look way too expensive
surprisingly not many riders / new riders know about it
lets hope they sell out and the new CBR350RR comes to North America

just like the time honda decided to blowout the CBR125 to make way for the CBR250R

what is this sale you speak of? I check the site regularly, the price is the same that is has been for a while

Agreed, I know that, we are irrelevant. It just seems silly that Honda Canada and the dealers would want to deal with the hassle of so many parts and lines of machines etc...

im not sure honda canada has much say in the matter....they basically have to do what the mothership in japan says.....im sure youre right about it pissing off dealers

Buddy just bought one last night and I think he paid full pop. Hope he didn't get ripped off!

As for the bike...nice bike. Had a chance to ride it yesterday and definitely feel a tad more grunt than my 250 so wish this thing was around when I first started looking. Not sure if this is normal but burning smell all around once it fired up and got warmed up riding it home. Hopefully it's just some oil here and there that will burn off quickly. Nice colours too! He got the black/yellow one.

I prefer the CB300F. The 300R is a ridiculous bike, totally impractical, horrible riding position that wreaks havoc on your arms and shoulders, brutal seat guaranteed to make you shoot blanks eventually, talk about throwing common sense to the wind.

I prefer the CB300F. The 300R is a ridiculous bike, totally impractical, horrible riding position that wreaks havoc on your arms and shoulders, brutal seat guaranteed to make you shoot blanks eventually, talk about throwing common sense to the wind.

Yup...found it very awkward to sit...prefer my 500F position and seat. Only wish I had more fairing for highway. It's the only reason I regret not getting the 500R.

Yup...found it very awkward to sit...prefer my 500F position and seat. Only wish I had more fairing for highway. It's the only reason I regret not getting the 500R.

I doubt the 300R fairing does much for the rider, it's too small. If you need a fairing consider one of Slipstreamer's.

pricing is on the website follow promo / get my price
I don't want to violate any policies on this website

lets hope your friend got the sale price

350 is the rumor going around for north american non A2 euro / asian hp restricted bikes
it would also depend on the dealers screaming for new product for their customers

I think the R3 set the bar for a new Japanese sub 400cc bike

I know the cbr500 is available but it is often seen as a step up bike or 2nd bike for new riders on their way to bigger cc bikes

Did Honda think this through or they just spitballing as they go.

Cbr125 then the 250 then the 300 and now the 350 soon to be a 400?

That's a lot of small bikes in a small market.
Just make a damn good 400cc bike and call it a day but then again when do they ever listen to their customers...how long for them to bring a 250cc to Canada whereas Kawi had a 250 for decades before Honda showed up (with a 125, lol).

As far as I know, the CBR250RR isn't coming here...it is for the Asian market only, given the number of smaller bikes they have there. As for the CBR300 series, they sort of had to do that, after Kawasaki started killing them with the 300. The fact the bike is really 286cc or something sort of shows it was done to compete in the numbers game, more than anything.

Had to laugh at that one. To each their own, but the CBR300R ergos aren't bad...they should be the same as my 250 was, and maybe a touch more forgiving than my 650. I can ride for hours without stopping (and did the same on my 250 when I had it), so they seem fine to me. That said, I couldn't imagine riding non-stop (except for gas) on a supersport bike, but many do. Also when I was at a Come Ride With Us event 2 years back, I still remember a few Harley guys saying they couldn't deal with the forwards lean on the VFR or CBR650F either...to each their own.

Interesting. I've put over 18500km since april on my little 300 and don't notice any of those things you've mentioned. It's my super practical daily driver. Seat and riding position are just fine even for my 220lb 6'0" body. I found it by far the comfiest and most practical (price, maintenance, etc) of all the Japanese 300's when i was shopping around. I've done many a 8hr+ days and the only issue that bothers me is the dam thing slipping out of 2nd gear if I don't put enough pressure on the shifter.

Also, I don't see this sale price anywhere? It was actually $4399 in the spring, now I'm seeing an increase to $4699 (ABS starting at 5199), and that's even for a 2015 model. I got a smoking deal on mine, paid $5066 all in for the special edition flat black/yellow with ABS.

edit: found it, its a 1300$ discount. Comes to around $3800 plus HST and pdi.

Last edited:
Interesting. I've put over 18500km since april on my little 300 and don't notice any of those things you've mentioned. It's my super practical daily driver. Seat and riding position are just fine even for my 220lb 6'0" body. I found it by far the comfiest and most practical (price, maintenance, etc) of all the Japanese 300's when i was shopping around. I've done many a 8hr+ days and the only issue that bothers me is the dam thing slipping out of 2nd gear if I don't put enough pressure on the shifter.

Also, I don't see this sale price anywhere? It was actually $4399 in the spring, now I'm seeing an increase to $4699 (ABS starting at 5199), and that's even for a 2015 model. I got a smoking deal on mine, paid $5066 all in for the special edition flat black/yellow with ABS.

edit: found it, its a 1300$ discount. Comes to around $3800 plus HST and pdi.

what is this PDI you speak of? 300$ for putting the battery in? Yes please sign me up

the only issue that bothers me is the dam thing slipping out of 2nd gear if I don't put enough pressure on the shifter.

You should be able to raise or lower the shift lever by adjusting a few nuts on the linkage (loosen 2 lock nuts, twist linkage to shorten or lengthen, then tighten lock nuts). I did it on my 250 and 650. Made a world of difference and only takes about 5 mins to adjust...the 650 was maybe 1cm too high, making it harder to shift up properly as well (sometimes wouldn't do it hard enough and it would pop out of gear, like you mentioned).

what is this PDI you speak of? 300$ for putting the battery in? Yes please sign me up

Don't know what they do, but they wanted $500 for my 250 and the same for the 650. Got them to remove it from the cost on the 650 as part of the deal (just had to pay $10-20 for gas). As far as I know though, all new vehicles come with a freight + PDI charge, sometimes combined.

You should be able to raise or lower the shift lever by adjusting a few nuts on the linkage (loosen 2 lock nuts, twist linkage to shorten or lengthen, then tighten lock nuts). I did it on my 250 and 650. Made a world of difference and only takes about 5 mins to adjust...the 650 was maybe 1cm too high, making it harder to shift up properly as well (sometimes wouldn't do it hard enough and it would pop out of gear, like you mentioned).

Don't know what they do, but they wanted $500 for my 250 and the same for the 650. Got them to remove it from the cost on the 650 as part of the deal (just had to pay $10-20 for gas). As far as I know though, all new vehicles come with a freight + PDI charge, sometimes combined.
I moved it down to make it a lower ankle movement to complete a shift, the stock position I felt I had to really force my foot to bend up high enough to shift). Right now it's as low as it will go and its much more comfortable. Maybe moving it up just a hair will help it engage better?

I moved it down to make it a lower ankle movement to complete a shift, the stock position I felt I had to really force my foot to bend up high enough to shift). Right now it's as low as it will go and its much more comfortable. Maybe moving it up just a hair will help it engage better?

Dunno, you might have to play with it and see. In my case the stock position was too high, so like you said I had to really bend my toes up to make sure it engaged 2-6 gear. If I didn't do it hard enough, then it had the chance of popping out of gear, especially in second.

Sounds like you already did that, so I'm not sure why it is slipping out of second sometimes. I'd also double check your clutch freeplay and make sure you have the correct amount or a bit more (if you run that tight, then you risk slipping the clutch constantly and at speed, which would be bad over time).

Back
Top Bottom