Guy Kills His Girlfriend In High-Speed Motorcycle Crash (Video) | GTAMotorcycle.com

Guy Kills His Girlfriend In High-Speed Motorcycle Crash (Video)

Dude on the bike was going very fast and arguably, not riding defensively.
Her helmet came off mid-flight.
Sun was facing the driver possibly obscuring his visibility.

I don't put this entirely on the older driver.

Dude that car turned left, if that guy is too old to see a bright redf motorcycle coming at him (or too stupid) he should be taken off the road and his licence revoked. The biker seems he was going 90 km/h the average speed of a country road in the U.S.

.....wut

attachment.php

Attachments

• 56915444.jpg
    56915444.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 380
100 % the car's fault. But the car's fault does not save your life. Defensive driving is a must. If you see a car that might turn left, make sure you are seen and slowdown enough so you can stop in time if necessary. Too many morrons out there who turn left without paying attention (ot changing lanes, or not making a stop, or not stoping behind you.. )

I think it's reckless to assume people are going to give you the right of way especially when riding a moto.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

100 % the car's fault. But the car's fault does not save your life. Defensive driving is a must. If you see a car that might turn left, make sure you are seen and slowdown enough so you can stop in time if necessary.

That's the key right there, yeah it sucks having to slow down when you clearly have the right of way... but honestly these days you just have to do it.

IMO when you have a passenger riding with you, you owe it to them to be a defensive rider.

I must say the biker has no logic... as soon as that car started pointing its nose to the left I would have slowed down or swerved to the LEFT not to the right where the vehicle is logically heading. I would have not fallen like a fly in that trap.

Cars fault 100%, a little more experience and saddle time would probably have saved the biker tho.
19 year old kids don't think like older guys when it comes to invincibility.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I'd have to know the relative speeds, and road layout before I could guess at the fault.

Seemed like bike was going quick. If he'd come around a blind corner . . .

Camera bike stopped for the car to turn, or it might have been him in the accident.

Not sure how you can tell speed from 2 to 3 sec worth of video . Driver 100 percent at fault .

100 % the car's fault. But the car's fault does not save your life. Defensive driving is a must. If you see a car that might turn left, make sure you are seen and slowdown enough so you can stop in time if necessary. Too many morrons out there who turn left without paying attention (ot changing lanes, or not making a stop, or not stoping behind you.. )

Great defensive driving skill that will probably get you killed . Either by someone rear ending you . But probably by a fool making the left thinking your letting him go . Slowing down is not the answer . Ride at a steady predictable speed . Look at the driver see if their head is up looking ahead ( at you ) . If they are looking into the corner that`s probably where they will go . Be prepared to take action if the car moves .

The driver was probably looking at the bike approaching the intersection and was distracted by that .

Not sure how you can tell speed from 2 to 3 sec worth of video . Driver 100 percent at fault .

You can't say the driver was 100% at fault either with the same logic..."2 to 3 sec worth of video". Just like what happened recently where the speeding bike hit the SUV. The bike rider may have been going way too fast. When the camera looks left after seeing the car stopped, the red bike is not visible yet. I can't tell what speed the bike was doing.

Great defensive driving skill that will probably get you killed . Either by someone rear ending you . But probably by a fool making the left thinking your letting him go . Slowing down is not the answer . Ride at a steady predictable speed . Look at the driver see if their head is up looking ahead ( at you ) . If they are looking into the corner that`s probably where they will go . Be prepared to take action if the car moves .

The driver was probably looking at the bike approaching the intersection and was distracted by that .

Being ready to stop will not get you killed. At speed you won't be able to tell where the driver you are approaching is looking. In this case, between the time the car moves and the ability to take action, is nil.

Diver did the same thing to me this morning! Going east on lakeshore and there isnt much traffic. Some woman pulls out of the marina club parking (i think is called) to make a left, right in front of me, crossing lakeshore. Clear bright day and the sun was on the opposite side so the sun wasnt even in her eyes as she was going west and the sun of course was east. She just didnt care to check tor traffic before turning! Wish i had it on film!

Hit both brakes hard and tried to swerve to the right to clear her and i just made it!!!

Some people are dazed or are just pure idiots! Cant always count on others to drive properly!!

I see the usual haters are coming outta the wood work yet lol.

IF this poor kid was speeding, it was not by any significant amount. Maybe experience might have saved them, maybe not. I've seen a few 'experienced' riders talk about all the AMAZING things they'd do in an emergency only to end up in a hospital bed when put to the test.

Even if you have a chance to avoid, all you have to do is freeze for 1/4 second, and you're done. So much criticism, but at the end of the day it's a big roll of the dice every time you go out; don't kind yourselves

I see the usual haters are coming outta the wood work yet lol. IF this poor kid was speeding, it was not by any significant amount. Maybe experience might have saved them, maybe not. I've seen a few 'experienced' riders talk about all the AMAZING things they'd do in an emergency only to end up in a hospital bed when put to the test. Even if you have a chance to avoid, all you have to do is freeze for 1/4 second, and you're done. So much criticism, but at the end of the day it's a big roll of the dice every time you go out; don't kind yourselves
You're absolutely right about the haters, but I bet you don't see the irony of your statement. You can't tell from the video if it was a significant amount, so why even say that? All the video really does is start an argument between those who always think the cages are right and those who always think bikes are right, with no attempt at actually viewing the individual situations in detail. We don't have enough details here. It looks to me like the car driver stopped partway, but I can't even tell if the biker tried to brake or swerve, and I could be wrong. What we do know, is that there was a collision, and that one person reportedly died. Rest in Peace.

You can't say the driver was 100% at fault either with the same logic..."2 to 3 sec worth of video". Just like what happened recently where the speeding bike hit the SUV. The bike rider may have been going way too fast. When the camera looks left after seeing the car stopped, the red bike is not visible yet. I can't tell what speed the bike was doing.

Being ready to stop will not get you killed. At speed you won't be able to tell where the driver you are approaching is looking. In this case, between the time the car moves and the ability to take action, is nil.

One thing we know for sure . The bike had the right of way . I don`t see why you are bringing in other scenarios into this one . If you can`t see 40 meters ahead in normal conditions you need glasses. To be a defensive driver . You should always be prepared to spot or take evasive action . You are correct many times there is no time for reaction .

You're absolutely right about the haters, but I bet you don't see the irony of your statement. You can't tell from the video if it was a significant amount, so why even say that? All the video really does is start an argument between those who always think the cages are right and those who always think bikes are right, with no attempt at actually viewing the individual situations in detail. We don't have enough details here. It looks to me like the car driver stopped partway, but I can't even tell if the biker tried to brake or swerve, and I could be wrong. What we do know, is that there was a collision, and that one person reportedly died. Rest in Peace.

As I've said repeatedly, a minor speed violation does not negate row offense, and this is precedent in many parts of the world.

Seriously, if this kid was egregiously breaking the limit, in what seems to be a rather rural area, the cam rider would not have tracked him so clearly.

So, not irony, but a logical response over emotional response; you should try it some time

Back
Top Bottom