Who's got a Virago 1100/1000? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Who's got a Virago 1100/1000?

The CB1100a is a very nice looking bike, but the newest on ones the awesome chrome fenders are painted black. Also has small fuel tank 14-15L if I remember and only 80hp which is what the original CB750 had back in '69! Seems weird that 45yrs later they can't get a little more oomph out of a bike with larger displacement and fuel injection.

The CB1100a is a very nice looking bike, but the newest on ones the awesome chrome fenders are painted black. Also has small fuel tank 14-15L if I remember and only 80hp which is what the original CB750 had back in '69! Seems weird that 45yrs later they can't get a little more oomph out of a bike with larger displacement and fuel injection.

44 lb.ft @ 7000 RPM, 69hp @ 8500 RPM for the cb750. That's a busy motor.
60 lb.ft @ 3000 RPM, 82hp @7200 RPM for the cb1100. Not so busy.

No sarcasm, I love the old CB paint schemes/styling much better though.

Watch the Honda Japan marketing videos for the CB1100 and it becomes clear what the designers and engineers were after. Not speed, not image, just riding. The pragmatic romantics who appreciate that here moved on to adventure bikes a while ago.

SLIM, the Virago 1000 is full of problems I suggest to do yourself a favor and forget it , the 1100 is better much better for reliability (ive worked on plenty). The XVS 1100 is a better choice all the way around Also if you are a taller rider forget the Virago.

SLIM, the Virago 1000 is full of problems I suggest to do yourself a favor and forget it , the 1100 is better much better for reliability (ive worked on plenty). The XVS 1100 is a better choice all the way around Also if you are a taller rider forget the Virago.

I'm 6'2" ... I look like a clown on a tricycle from the circus on ANYTHING I ride! lol

I'm 6'2" ... I look like a clown on a tricycle from the circus on ANYTHING I ride! lol
It's not how you look on it. At 6'2" your knees will be above the fuel tank and the bars may hit your knees at full steering lock, not fun.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom