Insurance Help - NEW 50 Y.O. Rider | GTAMotorcycle.com

Insurance Help - NEW 50 Y.O. Rider

Mina

Site Supporter
For a co-worker, he just got his M1 today, bought a bike last week and is doing the course this weekend.

Who should he call? Yamaha Fazer 800.

Thanks.

I'm with TD/Meloche Monnex.
Try them, ask around. He should also call place he has home and/or his auto insurance with for more discount.

Thanks. Will try Rider's Plus as well, he tried RBC, All-State and State Farm and they all required previous riding experience.

I'm with TD/Meloche Monnex.
Try them, ask around. He should also call place he has home and/or his auto insurance with for more discount.
TD MM told him the application is 4-5 week process... what?

Last edited:
The fact that he is a NEW rider is going to hurt him much more than his age. I got back into riding in my 40's after a decade or so away and it was a bugger proving to them that I was insured for over 2 decades with no claims. Once I was able to establish that they welcomed me with open arms and cheap insurance.

Not sure about the TD 4-5 week wait. He should be able to go on their website and get an immediate quote. http://www.melochemonnex.com/en/rv

Ask if he has any associations such as from his wife's workplace, university alumni, professional organizations. All these associations usually class members in a safer insurance group, resulting in lower premiums.

@mina try Dejardins

Sent from my custom Purple Joe Bass mobile on Tapatalk

Thanks for the suggestions.

Tried calling Paul South but couldn't get a hold of him. Called Rider's plus and he's getting a quote of $1240/year for full coverage, 1 mil liability and 500 deductible.

He'll try Paul South again and Desjardin but at least Rider's Plus is guaranteed. Not bad for a new rider IMO.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Tried calling Paul South but couldn't get a hold of him. Called Rider's plus and he's getting a quote of $1240/year for full coverage, 1 mil liability and 500 deductible.

He'll try Paul South again and Desjardin but at least Rider's Plus is guaranteed. Not bad for a new rider IMO.

Agreed, that's pretty good if the 800 is his first bike.

Back
Top Bottom