About time I rolled it over... | GTAMotorcycle.com

About time I rolled it over...

LoneRonin

I'd have done this by last season for sure if I had not broken my wrist in 2014 and had gotten a 3 month suspension in the prime of the season last year. This thing has been through EVERYTHING....literally. With me riding it always tailing supersports or just being at full blast in general she never had an easy life but never failed me or left me stranded. Hell, even now after a Frekeyguy service she still screams like a banshee and we just did a 600+km ride this weekend. The starter had gotten to be iffy after being ridden when the bike was hot, I'd been bump starting it past 2-3 weeks. Thought it might be the battery but no...original OEM battery still fires her up first time every time.

I really couldn't have asked for a better bike back when I got her brand new at 19, glad I paid the premium over the CBR125 which was pretty much the only other low cost small cc bike available back then. I definitely could not have kept that around this long. With the 250 I can still do everything...yes, you have to understand its limitations but its still capable of handling itself no matter the conditions and getting you just about anywhere. Cheers to my old ***** and all you guys we've shared countless memories with, probably have a new ride for next season but you'll still see me around on this baby beast.

14095696_10154000817869403_4608017127230401237_n.jpg

14095745_10154002576659403_122325669192507454_n.jpg

13934766_10154000817929403_6454454119422554296_n.jpg

14045662_10154000817999403_6282259369922839788_n.jpg

Last edited:
Now you can sell it as "Low km, hardly ridden" :D

Your odo is going to need new main bearings.

You need to take the story of your bike to kawi... you could pitch a good customer testimonial

Awesome! Not many people take any new bike to 100k km, let alone a 250. That rocks!

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

What year is the bike and what was the mileage when you acquired it?
0 kms
iirc
This guy has made that 250 his biatch!
@LoneRonin, I kinda think it will be weird if you're not on a 250! Like posted above, I'm pretty sure you can put 10k kms more on, and sell it as low kms! Lol.
** Joe Bass PSA -- don't do that ^^ **

Sent from my custom Purple Joe Bass mobile on Tapatalk

What year is the bike and what was the mileage when you acquired it?

Joe Bass is pretty much right on...2009 mileage when picked up was 0.4km. I guess they rode it around the block to make sure all was good...

@Joe Bass I might even end up putting on more than another 10k km. I'll be riding it the remainder of this season and next until I find the bike I'm looking for. Hopefully I can snatch one in the winter if not I'll wait.

Last edited:
Who's idea was it to put the slider on the exhaust?

To the OP - what kind of front wheel/tire you have ? It seems bigger than stock. Also, what kind of repairs did you have to do in the 7yrs?

Who's idea was it to put the slider on the exhaust?

mine...figured the exhuast was worth almost as much as the bike and the slider even has the ninja logo etched into the end.

To the OP - what kind of front wheel/tire you have ? It seems bigger than stock. Also, what kind of repairs did you have to do in the 7yrs?

Stock wheel, stock tire size. Next tire I will be putting on a Ninja 300 rear wheel though, its a half inch bigger and will better accommodate the 150 tire. As far as repairs other than things relating to crashes were an o-ring somewhere in the cylinder head cover that was leaking coolant at about 55k km, a cracked lens on my cluster which was replaced at around the same time but under extended warranty. the past 3-4k km the starter had gotten to be a problem, it would start up the first time but after being ridden the solenoid would just click, replaced it with a newer used one. I just put newer Ninja 300 brake calipers on because in the old ones the pistons wouldn't push back and were probably in need of a rebuild. I got the 300 ones cheap on ebay and like the black calipers on red better than the original silver ones.

That's all I can think of really most repairs have been because of crashes or my own **** ups not high mileage, like the time I blew some valves around 40k km attempting a valve adjustment...got those covered under warranty too though or when I needed a new front wheel due to a nice dent after hitting a 6ft long curb head on, clearing it mid air and staying upright....don't ask.

Other than that its been smooth sailing. Carbs have never given me a problem, no cold start issues, battery is still original, original shock, frame just about everything other than bars, bodywork, wear items and mods. It had regular oil changes, fork oil changes, brake fluid all that stuff so it was always ridden hard but never neglected. I've never ever winterized this bike either or even removed the battery, in fact its always been kept ready to go at the most sitting up on stands 2-3 weeks when we had some of those bitter cold stretches the past couple winters. This bike might look pretty wrapped up in the bodywork but man, its just a real hardworking, reliable, no fuss mule.

Last edited:
100k on a 250? That's like 5k on a REAL bike
Oh oh. Somebody gonna get a hurt real bad. ?

Sent from my custom Purple Joe Bass mobile on Tapatalk

Some might say it takes a "real rider" to ride a ninja 250 from new to 100k.
Props to you Loneronin, most riders around here are "ready" for an upgrade after 2 months or 75km, whichever comes first.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom