Motorcycles knocked over on Edward St. | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcycles knocked over on Edward St.

ironically your handle is "riceburner" ? And you found that offensive?

Anyway I think he meant that when a lot of Chinese/Asian people get called out on things they pretend they don't speak English. Seen this tons of times.

Yep. My bike is Asian and I burn rice for fuel(sustenance)....and it's a reverse snub.

It's not what you meant, it's what you say that counts.

Last edited:
Fixed for you.

What happened to the gallon of Ice Cream that was there......
Lmfao ?

Sent from my custom Purple Joe Bass mobile on Tapatalk

She couldnt speak english? Dont you have to pass some kind of road test to get your license? As i understand it, they dont provide translators

FYI, most of the horribad drivers i have encountered were also Chinese...co incidence?
Quick question, can you tell the difference between Vietnamese, Japanese, Korean, or Chinese?

Let's not generalize people; there is good and bad in every people and if anyone of us could take the opportunity to sneak out of a situation (i.e. pretend to not speak english - to name an example among million others) we would all do the same regardless of what race/ ethnic group we belong ... And there's a name for it: #BeingHuman.

Ice cream anyone? I heard it makes people happy! ?

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

She couldnt speak english? Dont you have to pass some kind of road test to get your license? As i understand it, they dont provide translators

FYI, most of the horribad drivers i have encountered were also Chinese...co incidence?

Quick question, can you tell the difference between Vietnamese, Japanese, Korean, or Chinese?
I highly doubt it, he does not seem very intelligent from his comments.

I highly doubt it, he does not seem very intelligent from his comments.

Are you Vietnamese? (Just a guess..)

Let's not generalize people; there is good and bad in every people and if anyone of us could take the opportunity to sneak out of a situation (i.e. pretend to not speak english - to name an example among million others) we would all do the same regardless of what race/ ethnic group we belong ... And there's a name for it: #BeingHuman.

Ice cream anyone? I heard it makes people happy! 

Isn't there an Iced cream meet today?

Last edited:
Are you Vietnamese?
Because his name is Nam? That's racist. ?
I agree about the any nationality bit. Italians, probably more so. No speaka Engalish.

That is offensive. Making a generalization like that. You must have had contact with a lot of Chinese that knocked over bikes.

By the way the last person that knocked my bike over was a white male. He would have taken off if another biker didn't stop him and notified me to come attend the scene.

Because his name is Nam? That's racist. 
I agree about the any nationality bit. Italians, probably more so. No speaka Engalish.

Everyone speaks $$$$$

Knowledge test offered in twenty languages. I believe the road test allows an interpreter. Same as any country: they test driving not language proficiency.

They do actually offer the written and road tests in chinese depending on the testing center. Along with lots and lots of other foreign languages.

They do actually offer the written and road tests in chinese depending on the testing center. Along with lots and lots of other foreign languages.

I thought the official languages are English and French.
What happens when construction/detour signs pop up...emergency signs etc...?

Horse has left the barn, barn burned down, horse died also.

"no smoker, no pets, no black men [...]black guys pls no calls"

Just saw that vid, his English is not good enough to explain his action but good enough to write stupidities like this one. Obviously (and possibly) a new comer and ignorant who doesn't know how this country and city works.

Hey, can I go egg his house too? Who knows, that might be the only clear language he understands.

Last edited:
I thought the official languages are English and French.
What happens when construction/detour signs pop up...emergency signs etc...?

Horse has left the barn, barn burned down, horse died also.
I take it when you go on holiday (or to native lands in Ontario) you don't drive if you don't know the language. Most of us do though.

Keep in mind the applicants are tested on whether or not they understand the signs, most of which are universal. Not being able to read a sign on rare occasions is not dangerous and is not unique to non-English speakers.

The CBR1000RR was my bike. The Triumph that was knocked over on top of mine was a guy who works across the street. Looks like she hit both bikes with her vehicle, knocked them over, panicked and then continued on down the road and ran into two more parked cars before stopping.

She was a newly licensed G2 driver and the cop gave her a careless driving ticket. She's gonna lose her license for 30 days (which isn't long enough if you ask me).

My bike suffered front end damage from the impact of her car, as well as left side fairings damaged from other bike falling on top of mine. The right side has damage to the transmission cover, the vortex bar ends kept the rest of the bike off the ground luckily. Bar ends will have to be replaced. I also believe the right handle got bent a bit from the fall.

It was a totally sucky Monday for me, but insurance will cover the repairs and since I wasn't even there when it happened, it's obviously a not at fault claim. Bike is at the dealer now and the insurance adjuster will take a few days to show up and review the damage.

I just wanted to say thanks to all those that looked out, and to the OP who reported it. I think a bunch of people on the patio saw it go down as well and immediately called the cops.

I take it when you go on holiday (or to native lands in Ontario) you don't drive if you don't know the language. Most of us do though.

Keep in mind the applicants are tested on whether or not they understand the signs, most of which are universal. Not being able to read a sign on rare occasions is not dangerous and is not unique to non-English speakers.

There is a difference between a visitor and a resident.
Based on the general feedback from drivers and riders...there is a problem and it's getting worse...I think the insurance companies also support my supposition.

Back
Top Bottom