Grand Bend, Tuesday Sept. 13 Layout? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Grand Bend, Tuesday Sept. 13 Layout?

Which Forward Layout Would You Like to Ride?

• Long

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Technical

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • Screaming Alien

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Modified

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BigEvilDoer

Anyone have a preference for the Two Wheel Tuesday on Sept 13?

I'm hoping Long Track. Any other input?

I'd be OK with Technical since when I did it in June it was my shakedown ride on the ZX-6R and would like to try it without listening to every sound the bike made.

That said I am not sure I will make the last Tues. Still 'discussing' with myself about tires, 'budget' and one more track day.

Jeff

I would take Technical over Long, but really don't care as long as it's forward direction. I'm also not sure if I'll make it to the last one. We might be going to Calabogie the following weekend.

I'd be OK with Technical since when I did it in June it was my shakedown ride on the ZX-6R and would like to try it without listening to every sound the bike made.
That said I am not sure I will make the last Tues. Still 'discussing' with myself about tires, 'budget' and one more track day.

Well, trying to remember all the sounds and if there are new ones or not is a tall ask of anyone's memory when you put a full winter in-between sessions.
As for budget, well, GB is the best deal around anywhere, and Q3's/S21's etc aren't that terribly expensive if you get them from Pete's...

Added a poll to the thread.

No matter the layout, I need to fix my leaking steering damper before the 13th or I'll have issues. That bike is a headshaker without a damper (at least it used to be before I made all the setup changes).

voted for long, although reverse technical would be fun

I'm going on the 13th if the weather is good. I vote for anything except modified.

The weather is looking perfect for Tuesday.

I have a couple friends who are coming with me. Who's all going?

is this open to anyone? I normally just run the soar weekends but I wouldnt mind some extra track time

yup, regular trackday. SOAR is a bit loose on the passing rules, this is a big more defined, as you'd expect. No coolant. The days are typically run well.

I'm all signed up and am bringing Sebi along as well.
Crew of 5 from the KW area....

I have a tire solution for the day (thanks Dave) so I will be there.

Kinda related to that (as good as place as any to ask)..... last night when removing the old tire off my extra rims I noticed what looks to be a mark from a grinder on my front rim (previous owner of rims I suspect). It doesn't look like it is deep enough etc to cause issues but would you guys use this rim? Otherwise I guess I can do some extra tire swapping and use the rims that are on the bike from last day with the Q3s on them.

https://goo.gl/photos/VF9JheR3AkqTYBi69

Jeff

Its fine, it won't affect the bead of the rim, really that part of the rim isn't doing much for the tire. I would however if you suspect the rim has incurred some abuse, measure the runout of the rim and check the manufacturer spec

K, that was my thinking as well, but handy to get 2nd opinion.

Ya, I had my dial indicator out there but it was getting late when I noticed so decided to pack it in for the night. Plan on checking runout of the rim, rear was OK when I checked it. Quite honestly I think the grinder mark is from the guy I got the rim from who admitted to knowing nothing about bikes. He bought a complete bike from a wrecker but only wanted the wire harness and engine for a dune buggy he was building. So I got the rolling chassis (no fairings) for $200, thought that was OK for if I ever tweaked a forks or frame on my current bike, plus got an extra set of rims. The bolts holding one the passenger peg was seized solid so he had for some reason removed what was left of the bracket from the subframe with a grinder.

The start of his 'buggy' was a tad 'industrial' and his angle grinder wheel was full of aluminum. So the rim is probably fine runout and it was more likely he was just bad at wielding an angle grinder.

Jeff

Back
Top Bottom