Help me choose my next motorcycle - 899 Panigale vs CBR 1000RR vs 675R | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Help me choose my next motorcycle - 899 Panigale vs CBR 1000RR vs 675R

The Honda is so....Honda. If you are down for that, get it. Nothing wrong with it. Great bike. Never owned one but, I'd ride it.

I prefer V or L powered machines so, the Ducati would be my choice. I could put it in the living room during the winter.

The 675 would have a slip on to enjoy the sound track of that triple. And more than likely the choice I'd make if it was my money and what I'd have in the garage.

As for the OP, get what you want and change when the mood strikes.

For some, motorcycles are an emotional extension of themselves. So which one speaks to you?

What ever you do, have fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just go with your gut and damn another blogger....shut up and ride.

seriously...I wonder how long these guys spend making these pointless videos and if they actually think we're going to sit there watching a dude riding around talking a bunch of bs.

Get what you want for yourself...and don't worry about the posing. Why the hell would you have random people help you choose a bike when you're the one dropping the money??

He's just asking for opinion.. Is that so terrible? Like hey, what do you think of helmet A vs B. In the end you go with what fits you best, but no harm in seeing what others think. Is that not the point of this place; or is it just to trash everyone and everything?

He's just asking for opinion.. Is that so terrible? Like hey, what do you think of helmet A vs B. In the end you go with what fits you best, but no harm in seeing what others think. Is that not the point of this place; or is it just to trash everyone and everything?

This. I don't understand the hate towards vloggers. Unless I'm missing something and the videos autoplay on your computers/phones, just don't watch them. I didn't, and I'm not mad about it.

seriously...I wonder how long these guys spend making these pointless videos and if they actually think we're going to sit there watching a dude riding around talking a bunch of bs.

Get what you want for yourself...and don't worry about the posing. Why the hell would you have random people help you choose a bike when you're the one dropping the money??

Jesus Christ buddy. I did not just post a video and expect you to watch, not at all, I actually laid down what I was talking about in plain text. Video was just a reference. I was looking for an opinion on a forum about motorcycles between 3 different motorcycles. If you don't want to watch a video, don't click it?

If you have nothing good to say about a topic or want to participate in discussion, why bother posting at all..

These people are not random people here... this is a motorcycle forum, with people who are into motorcycles enough to be members and knowledgeable about the subject. Its a resource of information and discussion. I think you need to understand the point of a forum by definition; Here

fo·rum
ˈfôrəm/
noun
noun: forum; plural noun: forums; plural noun: fora

a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

These Ideas can be in any medium, if that is text or video, of which I included both for anyone's leisure. Also making the videos does not take me that long either. Is it a waste of time in your eyes? That's your opinion. Maybe your wasting your time on a motorcycle forum posting insults to people over the internet you have never met. That's my opinion.

Last edited:
I'm not sure why all the hate toward the 1000RR. It's comfortable (have an aftermarket seat on mine), fast as stink when you want it to be, yet still perfectly tractable and plenty of low end grunt on the street. Very linear power delivery, and you'd have to do something really dumb to upset the chassis- you may define that as 'boring', but it's nice to have at the track.

If you do go the 1000RR route, change out the sprockets, as the stock gearing is much too tall. -1 up front, +2 rear seems to be the sweet spot.

I wouldn't get the Ducati, only because I'm not a fan of the v-twin sound. Sounds like a boat motor with the exhaust under water. Sexy AF, but the sound kills it for me- kind of like having sex with a Japanese girl.

The 675 is nice, but I'd prefer a Gixxer 750 over it. Revs up really quickly, is livelier than the Honda, and flicks into corners more easily. Plenty of spare parts from guys that wreck at the track, too.

I'm not sure why all the hate toward the 1000RR. It's comfortable (have an aftermarket seat on mine), fast as stink when you want it to be, yet still perfectly tractable and plenty of low end grunt on the street. Very linear power delivery, and you'd have to do something really dumb to upset the chassis- you may define that as 'boring', but it's nice to have at the track.

No hate man, it is for sure a great bike; just personal preference. I had the opportunity to borrow a friends for a couple days and I was just underwhelmed because of how civilized it is in all situations. I dunno, maybe it's just me, but if I wanted civilized I wouldn't be on an SS. I'd buy a VFR or cb1000f or anything more touring/comfort oriented. I want that sense of theater, but again, just preference not hate :cool:

No hate man, it is for sure a great bike; just personal preference. I had the opportunity to borrow a friends for a couple days and I was just underwhelmed because of how civilized it is in all situations. I dunno, maybe it's just me, but if I wanted civilized I wouldn't be on an SS. I'd buy a VFR or cb1000f or anything more touring/comfort oriented. I want that sense of theater, but again, just preference not hate :cool:

I wasn't singling you out or anything- just saw the word 'boring' a couple of times in the thread.

I will concede that it's not the most exhilarating ride on the street- the stock gearing has it at @147km/h in first gear. Idling in third gear gets you above almost every speed limit in the country.

What it is, as you described, is very civilized, very stable, and perfectly balanced. You have to want to bring the front end up, otherwise it stays very planted, resulting in spectacular front end feel and feedback. With proper gearing, some super sticky DOT tires, and an aftermarket exhaust however, it's a LOT of fun at the track. Swap out the rear tire with a 180, and it falls into corners like a 600, but powers out *way* faster.

It really can be the best of both worlds. I want civilized on the street, and fun at the track. This bike lets me do both, without having to buy a separate bike (VFR or CB1000f). If the OP has no desire to hit the track, either of those are the better choice- but I wouldn't want either at the track.

If I never hit the track, and wanted a raucous bike for the street, I'd get another GSX-R 750. Surprisingly more bottom end grunt than the 600, yet still featherweight, and the motor spins up way faster. I loved my '04, especially after I replaced the front brake setup (wave rotors, EBC pads, braided lines, and Brembo MC). I almost wept at the track, the day I saw the guy I had just sold it to, dump it at the track on the Fabi circuit.

When I was looking for a bike again, I was looking for very specific bikes- an '04/05 1000RR, or an '04/05 GSX-R 750. Prefer the styling of these, and they're so much easier to work on than the newer bikes. The only bike I'd sell my 1000RR for is the 2005 Yamaha R1 SP/LE with the Ohlins, Marchesinis, & slipper clutch, in the flat blue/black colour.

On valve adjustment, I have a friend with a K7 GSXR 1k which is now at 95k with no adjustment done. CBR 1k would be much the same. Friends 675 is at 50k and hasn't required anything either.

I'd get another GSX-R 750. Surprisingly more bottom end grunt than the 600, yet still featherweight, and the motor spins up way faster..

750 is a great compromise.... but gixxer; guilty by association.. haha

I kid I kid

Jesus Christ buddy. I did not just post a video and expect you to watch, not at all, I actually laid down what I was talking about in plain text. Video was just a reference. I was looking for an opinion on a forum about motorcycles between 3 different motorcycles. If you don't want to watch a video, don't click it?

If you have nothing good to say about a topic or want to participate in discussion, why bother posting at all..

These people are not random people here... this is a motorcycle forum, with people who are into motorcycles enough to be members and knowledgeable about the subject. Its a resource of information and discussion. I think you need to understand the point of a forum by definition; Here

fo·rum
ˈfôrəm/
noun

a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

These Ideas can be in any medium, if that is text or video, of which I included both for anyone's leisure. Also making the videos does not take me that long either. Is it a waste of time in your eyes? That's your opinion. Maybe your wasting your time on a motorcycle forum posting insults to people over the internet you have never met. That's my opinion.

lol, you're getting your feelings way too hurt. I wasn't specifically making fun of you...just the whole lot in general. ;)

lol, you're getting your feelings way too hurt. I wasn't specifically making fun of you...just the whole lot in general. ;)

I sense an IP ban in your future

@OP, if i had the money...my penis would say 675R but my brain would say japanese(probably Zx10r?)

Last edited:
I sense an IP ban in your future

For what?? Expressing my opinion on this influx of guys on youtube who seem to yap more than they ride?? Right outta OP's own post...

fo·rum
ˈfôrəm/
noun

out of the ones you listed, i would get the CBR1000rr, but since you put a 600 class bike in the mix (675) i would say open your options a little get the kawi 636. cheaper insurance than the 1000cc class and still more than enough bike for the street.

failing that, go for a supernaked and get the fz10 or z1000

For what?? Expressing my opinion on this influx of guys on youtube who seem to yap more than they ride?? Right outta OP's own post...

fo·rum
ˈfôrəm/
noun

your cute

your cute
*you're ?

@Sonduren, I have no experience with any of these bikes, but, just saw a cbr 1000 and a Ducati at Starbucks. Walked past the cbr to the sexy AF Duc. My vote is for the looks. Plus, you wouldn't put your old bike in the mix, if you didn't miss it, right?

Sent from my custom Purple Joe Bass mobile on Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom