Help me choose my next motorcycle - 899 Panigale vs CBR 1000RR vs 675R | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Help me choose my next motorcycle - 899 Panigale vs CBR 1000RR vs 675R

You can't go wrong with any of those choices. When faced with a similar decision I picked the Daytona 675 and couldn't be happier. Go with whatever YOUR heart desires...

*you're ?

@Sonduren, I have no experience with any of these bikes, but, just saw a cbr 1000 and a Ducati at Starbucks. Walked past the cbr to the sexy AF Duc. My vote is for the looks. Plus, you wouldn't put your old bike in the mix, if you didn't miss it, right?

Sent from my custom Purple Joe Bass mobile on Tapatalk

Your so very right :D

Thanks everyone for your input, glad to read everyone's experiences and it solidifies what I am gonna get :cool:

...in a recent survey 4.5 out of 5 posers chose ducati over other brands

You can't go wrong with any of those choices. When faced with a similar decision I picked the Daytona 675 and couldn't be happier. Go with whatever YOUR heart desires...

Best answer so far, why do you need other opinions from others on which bike to buy? Like RickT mentioned buy what your intuition tells you.;)

Honesty I am nowhere close yet to dragging knees and taking fast turns so chalk me down as a poser !:)

I don't ever recall seeing you at tims; you have a ways to go to reach poser status.

Honesty I am nowhere close yet to dragging knees and taking fast turns so chalk me down as a poser !:)

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Flog a vlog anyway.

I'd go 899 all day

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Well...

I got the 899 back :)

[video=youtube;CqMJ8u0dlgc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqMJ8u0dlgc[/video]

Thanks guys for all the feedback. Am a little concerned how she died on my 5 hours into the ride back and had to get it towed... it seems to be a glitch? Has not repeated again. Highway speeds, everything is normal, all of a sudden a check engine light comes on. I wonder what is going on, nothing seems to be wrong with the motorcycle, but I pull over anyway to inspect and turn her off. I inspect oil, chain, radiator etc and see no problems, so when I decide okay lets fire her back up, she doesn't start. Clicking from the starter can be heard, the LCD display dims violently as I try to start it, but the engine is not firing.

Once i get it home, put it on the trickle charger for 3 hours, it starts up perfectly and the next day never had a problem OFF the trickle charger.

Really weird. I called Adrian from Ace Moto Tech and he said first he heard of something like that. Could be a rectifier? Though I cannot repeat the symptoms.

Last edited:
welcome to life with a ducati.....
i hope ur mechanic isnt camera-shy , he'll be guest starring in alot of future vlog episodes.

Last edited:
seriously...I wonder how long these guys spend making these pointless videos and if they actually think we're going to sit there watching a dude riding around talking a bunch of bs.
It bugs me if this isn't distracted driving then I would like to know what is. He can't even talk while keeping hands on the bars. The video was click bait, I thought just for a seconded the OP was going to show the actual bikes inconsideration of buying..not bla bla bla bla bla

If I had to choose between just those 3....Ducati.

675 - Nearly as much maintenance as the Italians, looks good, but missing that sex appeal.

The only "maintenance" you need on those bikes is oil, tires, chain and pads, which is all normal stuff. Mine is fine after 32,000k.

Reliability I have not heard to many bad stories of the 675 engine? More unique then a CBR, and a better electronics package.
Electronics package? There isn't one on the Triumph, unless you're counting an electric starter and fuel injection...

Well...

I got the 899 back :)

[video=youtube;CqMJ8u0dlgc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqMJ8u0dlgc[/video]

Thanks guys for all the feedback. Am a little concerned how she died on my 5 hours into the ride back and had to get it towed... it seems to be a glitch? Has not repeated again. Highway speeds, everything is normal, all of a sudden a check engine light comes on. I wonder what is going on, nothing seems to be wrong with the motorcycle, but I pull over anyway to inspect and turn her off. I inspect oil, chain, radiator etc and see no problems, so when I decide okay lets fire her back up, she doesn't start. Clicking from the starter can be heard, the LCD display dims violently as I try to start it, but the engine is not firing.

Once i get it home, put it on the trickle charger for 3 hours, it starts up perfectly and the next day never had a problem OFF the trickle charger.

Really weird. I called Adrian from Ace Moto Tech and he said first he heard of something like that. Could be a rectifier? Though I cannot repeat the symptoms.

Have your battery checked also. Maybe you need a new one.

Back
Top Bottom