Having difficulty selling your bike? | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Having difficulty selling your bike?

@Statsman, you sound lazy. Once you click on the pic it automatically expands. Are you serious, it's too much work for you or someone to click on a photo. If that is the case then once again you proved my point that I don't want to deal with a 'buyer' like that.

* I never said I would not modify my ad, clearly I will get to it when I return to clear up the title part...because stating clear title with details is somehow confusing for some people.

If you are thinking of making a career change and going into sales...
DON'T.

Last edited:
That ad is ****ing terrible... he manages to contradict himself several times, which makes the whole thing sound like lies.

"The bad - none, I have to get a battery since this is likely dead (in storage)."

So the bad is that it needs a new battery

"...
clear/clean street title. My buddy’s former street bike, he had a little off. I was there, he went off into the side of the road little 2ft ‘ditch’ side road parallel to 401 in Whitby by the truck stop (Princess Auto area). Street plastics were cracked and insurance wrote bike off. I bought it and turned into track bike. It does have a street title so you can ride it on the street. "

So insurance wrote it off, but it was bought back and re-registered? That means it now has a "salvage" title, no? Which means it's not a "clear/clean street" title, as he mentions in the ad.

This is a track bike, and I would never buy it for the street, nor would I advise anyone else to. Track bikes have to have their bolts wired, which (to me) involves a good amount of wrenching to get done; the current owner has LOTS of piece of mind because he conducted the work, but any potential buyer does not have that guarantee - I don't know you, or how bad or good you are at working on bikes, so I don't trust you. The seller is obviously trying to appeal to more people by marketing it as a streetable bike, but that is a track bike and should be sold to people looking for track bikes.

JESUS.

"Hey what do you guys think of my ad?"
"meh"
"I DONT CARE WHAT YOU THINK!"

LOL

-D-, you asked (on an open forum) what we all think of your ad, so I gave my (perhaps a little harsh) feedback. No need to fling insults in either direction, but your ad should state that the bike has a "rebuilt title", and I think mentioning the size of the ditch that your boy was found in after writing off the bike, is pretty damn irrelevant (and hilarious)

I browse for street bikes, but I'm looking for those that have been un-molested. Ideally 100% stock, and the only work done to them was maintenance. To each his/her own :)

Cheers, and GLWS.

Lol /Endthread

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by -D-

That's my ad, and you just demonstrated something that you do not know what you were looking at. I will agree about the shadows in the pic but those are the pics I had handy at the time, you can zoom in easily. It is enough to see there is no damage to the bike especially the tank.
You just stated you did not read the text, that is where all the important information is contained that photos have no way of explaining.
My target market knows what they are looking at with the close up shots. I will trust that you at least know what Ohlins is.

I can post up 10 pics that makes a bike look super duper but in reality doesn't even run....but hey...it's looks awesome, right.
And yes, I do know what you mean by ppl posting 1 grainy photo.

Whatever did ppl do before the internet and had a grainy photo to look at in the auto/bike trader magazines, lol

YOU asked for feedback and you got it.
Forgive me if it wasn't glowing approval for a half-assed job.

waay too attached, was looking at something running shovel the other day asking 6k, gone a few days later

Didn't read any of the replies.

Just sold a 2005 ZX6RR for $200 less than asking price. It took a little longer than needed than selling my previous bikes but I just think that there are lots more options for buyers out there.

If you are thinking of making a career change and going into sales...
DON'T.

Clearly you have no idea of what you speak of. You need to understand what a target market is.

Bike sold and for exact asking price...could have gotten more but the buyer was exactly the person I wanted to by my bike.
He even offered for me to take it for a spin on the track whenever I wanted.

His words "best ad he has ever read for a vehicle sale". Professional type guy.
Had all the info one could want to know, just had to come and see it in person to see if it was for real.
He never once hinted or asked to lower the price. Showed up the next morning with the cash.

Awesome bike karma...bike found a great home.

new buyer can also end up dumping it on the next ride,

nice work & efforts tho & good that it all worked out for you

Last edited:
new buyer can also end up dumping it on the next ride,

nice work & efforts tho & good that it all worked out for you

thanks!

He is not a new rider.

Just making the point that some ppl here speak from positions of ignorance and I hope that others get the ideas from my post on how to avoid all the tire kickers and ppl they complain about showing up wasting their time and or low balling them.

When you fish with the right 'bait' you tend to catch what you want.

Back
Top Bottom