Having difficulty selling your bike? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Having difficulty selling your bike?

A bad ad for a very simple reason. Bad photos.
I didn't even look at the text
The two shots on the track were fine but the close up of the bike on the driveway were shot facing the sun resulting in shadows.
Also, the owner Is probably quite tall as these shots look like a satellite view.
Down on one knee with the sun at your back would have improved the photos greatly.
Like me most potential buyers will look at the photos first. If they don't like what they see, they will move on.

Last edited:
I dunno. 24 hours seems about right for a reply.

Gotta get up, go to work, home, chores and then I would probably check email if I had it.

I think expecting people to reply within 10/12 hrs is silly. Wtf did you guys do in the old days when you didn't get messages until you were home?

Stuff will sell if it's reasonably priced, period.

The two shots on the track were fine but the close up of the bike on the driveway were shot facing the sun resulting in shadows.
Also, the owner Is probably quite tall as these shots look like a satellite view.
Down on one knee with the sun at your back would have improved the photos greatly.
Like me most potential buyers will look at the photos first. If they don't like what they see, they will move on.

That's my ad, and you just demonstrated something that you do not know what you were looking at. I will agree about the shadows in the pic but those are the pics I had handy at the time, you can zoom in easily. It is enough to see there is no damage to the bike especially the tank.
You just stated you did not read the text, that is where all the important information is contained that photos have no way of explaining.
My target market knows what they are looking at with the close up shots. I will trust that you at least know what Ohlins is.

I can post up 10 pics that makes a bike look super duper but in reality doesn't even run....but hey...it's looks awesome, right.
And yes, I do know what you mean by ppl posting 1 grainy photo.

Whatever did ppl do before the internet and had a grainy photo to look at in the auto/bike trader magazines, lol

That's my ad, and you just demonstrated something that you do not know what you were looking at. I will agree about the shadows in the pic but those are the pics I had handy at the time, you can zoom in easily. It is enough to see there is no damage to the bike especially the tank.
You just stated you did not read the text, that is where all the important information is contained that photos have no way of explaining.
My target market knows what they are looking at with the close up shots. I will trust that you at least know what Ohlins is.

I can post up 10 pics that makes a bike look super duper but in reality doesn't even run....but hey...it's looks awesome, right.
And yes, I do know what you mean by ppl posting 1 grainy photo.

Whatever did ppl do before the internet and had a grainy photo to look at in the auto/bike trader magazines, lol

YOU asked for feedback and you got it.
Forgive me if it wasn't glowing approval for a half-assed job.

Last edited:
I dunno. 24 hours seems about right for a reply.

Gotta get up, go to work, home, chores and then I would probably check email if I had it.

I think expecting people to reply within 10/12 hrs is silly. Wtf did you guys do in the old days when you didn't get messages until you were home?

Stuff will sell if it's reasonably priced, period.
But it's not the old days now.

And if I have something for sale, I check my email more often than normal.

I kind of get that, but don't you think 24 hrs is sufficient?

If I placed an ad saying "hurry, must sell asap", absolutely I agree that you ought to check more often and you have dictated the conditions.

I have no horse in this race, never sold anything online. If you couldn't wait 24 hours for a response then so be it. I may lose the sale.

The buyers in GTA are a unique bunch.

A 2010 Ninja 250 at 22,000km was priced as a trade in at $2,900. Posted on Kijiji for $3,250, attracted all kinds of lowball offers. Repost sale price at $4,200 and attracted serious buyers, and ended up selling it for $3,800.

Price at reasonable amount and you will get ignored. I hate selling stuff on Kijiji in general, with the exception of the used car crowd.

Don't take it the wrong way, but... is it an ad or a photo critique? Really if it shows the item clearly, it's good. It's a teaser not a full on detailed photo study of the item. Considering what ppl accept as good photos nowadays, his ad pics are winners.

I kind of get that, but don't you think 24 hrs is sufficient?

If I placed an ad saying "hurry, must sell asap", absolutely I agree that you ought to check more often and you have dictated the conditions.

I have no horse in this race, never sold anything online. If you couldn't wait 24 hours for a response then so be it. I may lose the sale.

+1 24 hrs is a good turn around.

YOU asked for feedback and you got it.
Forgive me if it wasn't glowing approval for a half-assed job.

I agreed that some of my photos could be better lighting, however, there are clear pics posted and even the shadow pics, you can see everything once you click to expand the pic.

Now seriously, a half-assed job??? that's funny. You already stated you did not read the ad so that would make your remarks and position half-assed. That's ok, you would not understand what half of the ad means.

Last edited:
+1 24 hrs is a good turn around.

seems reasonable to me...I mean it's not as if ppl do not lose phones, get into fender benders, get ill, lost pet, kid stuff to do, internet services interrupted etc...

It's funny how some complain that people are impatient today e.g when driving yet essentially do the same thing they are accusing the others of...pot meet kettle, lol

I agreed that some of my photos could be better lighting, however, there are clear pics posted and even the shadow pics, you can see everything once you click to expand the pic.

Now seriously, a half-assed job??? that's funny. You already stated you did not read the ad so that would make your remarks and position half-assed. That's ok, you would not understand what half of the ad means.

I did read it and honestly, you could benefit from dropping the used car sales pitch and paring that down to a paragraph or two. Just put down the important info in as clear and concise a manor as possible and save something for the in person sales pitch. It really was so much it became hard to read.

I did read it and honestly, you could benefit from dropping the used car sales pitch and paring that down to a paragraph or two. Just put down the important info in as clear and concise a manor as possible and save something for the in person sales pitch. It really was so much it became hard to read.

Thanks, that was the plan...I wanted it to be long and detailed because the person wanting that package will want to know.
"used car sales people" try to hide things...I like to provide maximum information as I would expect the same.

Last edited:

It would appear you didn't read my response when I stated that most potential buyers will look at the photos first.
If they don't like what they see in the photos, they will move on.
To expect the buyer to expand the photo and zoom in is optimistic in my view.
However, it may work out for you and I hope you sell you bike in a timely manner for what you are asking.
I have given you my opinion and you have chosen to dismiss it, as is your option.

It would appear you didn't read my response when I stated that most potential buyers will look at the photos first.
If they don't like what they see in the photos, they will move on.
To expect the buyer to expand the photo and zoom in is optimistic in my view.
However, it may work out for you and I hope you sell you bike in a timely manner for what you are asking.
I have given you my opinion and you have chosen to dismiss it, as is your option.

Thanks, honestly I am not in a rush to sell it. I put a lot of effort and care to build it and I would want it to end up with an owner that will value it enjoy every second riding it.

Thanks, honestly I am not in a rush to sell it. I put a lot of effort and care to build it and I would want it to end up with an owner that will value it enjoy every second riding it.
Personally I always read the ad first. If I like what I read, I move to the pics. I also tend to zoom in and have a better look. I'm not in the market for a track bike right now, but if I was I'd come and look at yours based on your ad. I'd say that's a win.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

Personally I always read the ad first. If I like what I read, I move to the pics. I also tend to zoom in and have a better look. I'm not in the market for a track bike right now, but if I was I'd come and look at yours based on your ad. I'd say that's a win.

Strange. I'm with Statsman on this one. I scroll pics, then price, then click for deets. But I have never been in the market for a track bike,

Sent from my custom Purple Joe Bass mobile on Tapatalk

@Iceman...and you Sir are the type of buyer I would want to deal with. My ad weeds out the joy riders and dreamers.
It has a street title :) Minor add-ons to make it street legal :)

The new wave rotors, rear shock (refreshed), new engine covers, and new steering damper is worth more than the rest of the bike.
I built the bike and only did about 4 hours track time, going slow just testing and tuning, dialing suspension. The track pics was from SMP and Craig Atkinson helped me dial in the suspension that day. He rode it also to help me set it up.
Bike is still minty fresh (Kawi green).

Back
Top Bottom