Current state of Royal Enfield? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Current state of Royal Enfield?

In pictures: Royal Enfield motorbikes lovingly restored in New Delhi by Bobbee Singh

South China Morning Post said:
Considered by many to be the world’s longest-running motorcycle brand, Royal Enfield has in recent years gone from strength to strength, boosted by a rapidly expanding middle class in India and a growing presence overseas. Royal Enfield’s classic model, the Bullet, probably the world’s oldest motorcycle still in production, has a months-long waiting list for new buyers in India.

Bobbee Singh restores vintage REs in Dehli He does not seem to comment on the current state of RE. Nice photos of vintage REs, they look lovely.

New Royal Enfields come with a 2-year 10,000 km warranty which is better than I got when I bought my Yamaha. Still I won't pretend that REs are in the same class as the Japanese models but you have to keep in mind what they are - single cylinder 500cc machines that are great for little jaunts on the back roads. If you are looking for something to do long runs on the 401, the RE is not for you.

Oddly appealing is a good way to put it. I'd really like to try one on gravel and sand and with FI it would be a good choice to sit at the cottage, no(less) ethanol issues. And there is a RE dealer in my cottage town. Now I just need 9K to pee away.....

You know how old air cooled Euro bikes age like wine and most Japanese bikes age like milk? Well, how will the RE age like seeing how it's got a head start and the sun doesn't set on India like when England used own it? More stupid **** coming. Stay tuned.

probably age like that curry takeout that got pushed to the back of the fridge and forgotten for weeks. But I could leave it outside overnight and not fret like I did with my Italian scoots.
When you see rusted fasteners on the showroom floor, its called patina.

probably age like that curry takeout that got pushed to the back of the fridge and forgotten for weeks. But I could leave it outside overnight and not fret like I did with my Italian scoots.
When you see rusted fasteners on the showroom floor, its called patina.

+1.

While we are beating down Indian manufacturing, lets not forget the new Triumph Bonneville and the Street twin which the media are gushing over and are getting rave reviews from owners are built in India.......

Like the Chinese, they can and will build to the technology level you wish to pay for.

Back
Top Bottom