I'm just south of DVP and bloor

VINO 125

Blue shirt

No gas, I guess my gauge broke

905-699-8686

Sent from my my mobile using a strange app for damaged people

I just got in an uber to get gas and go back

No reserve? If you run out of reserve you can often turn on the choke and get a 1/2 mile more out of it.

No reserve? If you run out of reserve you can often turn on the choke and get a 1/2 mile more out of it.

No reserve, just a busted gauge.

I ubered to the (ESSO) gas station at parliament and college. I filled a plastic 3.78 liter washer fluid container with gasoline. They charged me for 4.22 liters

The Vino is a scooter, automatic choke and AFAIK it switches to reserve automatically.

Get CAA, the one with motorcycle coverage. For me this year it has probably paid for itself 5x over by now.

Glad you got things sorted

The Vino is a scooter, automatic choke and AFAIK it switches to reserve automatically.

Get CAA, the one with motorcycle coverage. For me this year it has probably paid for itself 5x over by now.

That's a life well lived, altho I measure success by lack of failure.

For me this year it has probably paid for itself 5x over by now.

Dude...you break down often or something? I had GM's version of CAA for about 3 years once, but after seeing the renewal for year 4 come in and realizing we'd only used it once, I cancelled.

Dude...you break down often or something?

2 flatbed tows for my old Shadow, one from outside Newmarket to Mississauga, the other from Rockwood. The reason it's gone.

2 calls for my truck, a battery boost and the other because I locked my keys in...

For $114 that's pretty good, I may even upgrade to Premier.

That's a life well lived, altho I measure success by lack of failure.

Confucius say aim for success be prepared for failure.

Confucius say aim for success be prepared for failure.

Well then he failed because this piece of wisdom is spot on.

Well I would say you got off easy. The attendant, must have felt sorry for you or doesn't know or care, that they can't turn on pumps unless they see a RED gas can with the proper markings. So I would say being overcharged, by half a litre, (about 51 cents) is pretty good win for you as opposed to having to go buy a gas can, (that you would have likely ended up sitting roadside).

No reserve, just a busted gauge.

I ubered to the (ESSO) gas station at parliament and college. I filled a plastic 3.78 liter washer fluid container with gasoline. They charged me for 4.22 liters

Jeesh, that's 11 percent off... wonder if that's within their margins of "fluctuations due to temperature".

I would guess the small quantity metered out had something to do with that. He didn't buy it from a test tube but a sloppy mechanical device. I wouldn't expect to see an 11% difference on a full tank. I'm just guessing.

Did you fill it right to the brim? If you look at jugs of washer fluid in the store you'll find that they're never filled right to the brim, so yes...if you overfill something it'll hold more than what the label indicates might have originally been in it.

Well I would say you got off easy. The attendant, must have felt sorry for you or doesn't know or care, that they can't turn on pumps unless they see a RED gas can with the proper markings. So I would say being overcharged, by half a litre, (about 51 cents) is pretty good win for you as opposed to having to go buy a gas can, (that you would have likely ended up sitting roadside).

My thoughts exactly.

Did you fill it right to the brim? If you look at jugs of washer fluid in the store you'll find that they're never filled right to the brim, so yes...if you overfill something it'll hold more than what the label indicates might have originally been in it.

Not brimmed, about 3/4 full

All said and done happy I got back on the road quick. Little shout out to Glen at flying squirrel checking on me after I left a message.

Thanks all for the kind words, suggestion and gentle ribbing

At least you had your phone with you. I ran out recently without my phone, so I could not call anyone including BMW Roadside Assistance. I pushed my bike up the exit at DVP Lawrence and then over to Don Mills and Lawrence in 30C warmth to fill it up. My fault, I was trying to get to a Shell and it ran out 30ks after my low fuel light came on.

Back
Top Bottom