What kind of gas you guys use? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What kind of gas you guys use?

I knew the know-it-alls would just drag this ****ing discussion out and out and out, demanding the last word, as they always do.

For the last time, some people simply prefer to keep it out of their system, okay? It can be a functional or personal preference. Some people don't like government mandated blends and agricultural subsidies. Some people don't like the fuel economy hit. Some people don't like the adverse functional effects, such as water accumulation, rubber and plastic parts degradation, corrosion etc that can occur with ethanol. Some people don't like that the use of corn, on top of being a handout to farmers, is an environmental hit of biblical proportions.

To each his own. Fuel your own vehicles as you see fit and allow others the same courtesy.

For the last time, some people simply prefer to keep it out of their system, okay?

That's fine.

Lots of other people, on the flipside, like to make their decision based on the facts, science, & the owners manual however, not "feelings" that others have got into peoples heads that often makes them unnecessarily spend more money on unnecessary premium or ethanol free fuel.

If you and others want to spend more because of the feels, go ahead, but I'm a firm believer in presenting the facts so that others have factual information to base their decision on. If that's to use ethanol free gas than that's cool, but don't flip out making a big deal that others may choose not to based on the facts.

That's fine.

Lots of other people, on the flipside, like to make their decision based on the facts, science, & the owners manual however, not "feelings" that others have got into peoples heads that often makes them unnecessarily spend more money on unnecessary premium or ethanol free fuel.

If you and others want to spend more because of the feels, go ahead, but I'm a firm believer in presenting the facts so that others have factual information to base their decision on. If that's to use ethanol free gas than that's cool, but don't flip out making a big deal that others may choose not to based on the facts.

amen

I knew the know-it-alls would just drag this ****ing discussion out and out and out, demanding the last word, as they always do.

This is the internet & everyone's got an opinion, if you don't like this topic or have nothing better to say then DON'T. Nobody is making you read every posts on here.

Last edited:
Ultramar and Canadian Tire in Ontario buy most of their volume from Imperial Oil (Esso). Ultramar doesn't have refineries in Ontario, so they work on an exchange program with Esso...basically, they buy from Esso in Ontario, and Esso buys from them in Quebec.

Canadian Tire...They have zero refineries and buy from everyone in the market, so it could be anyone's gas. I believe that Imperial has exclusive supply for all the "en route" CTC locations down the 401 corridor.

That said...like what most have been saying, use what you manual states. In the winter, I'll fill up with 94 and fuel stabilizer. Never had a problem in 20 years.

Ditto. I spoke with an Esso rep years ago and he said they swap with other refineries as needed. The tiger in your tank may have crawled out of a scallop.

The ones I avoid are the small independents as they sometime buy on the spot market and may get a bad or contaminated batch.

Back
Top Bottom