1990 Honda VTR 250 | GTAMotorcycle.com

1990 Honda VTR 250

Knight

Does anyone here have any experience with these bikes. have a few questions like part's and what not.

Its 26 years old and they didn't sell very many of them in Canada - too expensive at the time.

I remember it was reviewed very well by cycle canada back in 90. they liked it a lot, except for the price.

basic parts shouldn't be a problem to get.

edit-cond is all.

see if you can find a specific forum for the bike ? here ya go http://vtr250.org/forums/

Last edited:
I had one of these for about 8 years and miss the little thing.

Great bike.

Light weight, great on gas, handles really well and had a fantastic little V-twin which made for a nice bottom end for such a small bike.

As far as I'm concerned, Honda should have just resurrected the VTR and modernized it instead of giving us the silly CBR 125 / 250's

What do you need to know?

edit: Thx boyoboy, I didn't know that site existed.

Last edited:

Great bike.

Light weight, great on gas, handles really well and had a fantastic little V-twin which made for a nice bottom end for such a small bike.

As far as I'm concerned, Honda should have just resurrected the VTR and modernized it instead of giving us the silly CBR 125 / 250's

ha ha .. resurrect ? they did, feast your eyes on this
https://www.google.ca/search?q=vtr2...sAQIMg&biw=1366&bih=643#imgrc=BxvhkNI9xWnw3M:

Last edited:

Great bike.

me too like this 26 year old bike smokes their brand new 250s and still makes 10hp more then Kawasaki 300 twin.

Lol

I remember seeing that after doing a Google search for my old VTR and just shaking my head thinking "that's not a VTR.

I had the "full fairing kit" from Lockheart Philips (I think) Made it look way better imo.

ahh. I thought you would drool over that resurrected piece of art work.

me too like this 26 year old bike smokes their brand new 250s and still makes 10hp more then Kawasaki 300 twin.

Had mine dyno'd
Came out to 27.42 hp
The Japanese version pumps out 43hp... but not sure if that's a the wheel or not.

(Tried posting, but says it's too big??)

Had mine dyno'd
Came out to 27.42 hp
The Japanese version pumps out 43hp... but not sure if that's a the wheel or not.

(Tried posting, but says it's too big??)

interesting sois any version that came to north america going to be lower hp.

Back
Top Bottom