Shell Gas Station Policy | Page 9 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Shell Gas Station Policy

Thread is going still strong, eh? ... LOL
Yep. This gtamotorcycle. We don't ride. Just discuss it. A virtual Timmie's

i haven't had that issue cause i pay at the pump. one time though, just one time, i put my card in, punched my number like any other time. got ready to fuel up and select grade. the lady inside cancels my pump and tells me to get off my bike while i fuel up (never have i been told that but anyway). i got off my bike and did all my card **** again but this time i took my helmet off sat back down and fueled up (forgot to mention i always take my gloves off when i fuel up). it ****** me off that she told me to get off my bike cause im paying by debit so its not like im gonna drive off with my tank still open and my key in it? i didnt have time to go inside to ask her why she would do that because i was headed to work.
Safely issue apparently. Btw.. I aways pump gas sitting on the bike..

Oppression to women? Where the heck did you hear that from?

This is a choice that women have. Same applies to the hijab.

Covering the hair is the religious 'requirement' - not all follow that here. the burka isn't a religious thing at all. there's nowhere that states that a face covering is required.

Covering the hair is the religious 'requirement' - not all follow that here. the burka isn't a religious thing at all. there's nowhere that states that a face covering is required.

It depends on interpretation of and choice of observance of religious law, whether Jewish, Christian or Muslim.

Most Christian women do not cover their hair in public, and many Jewish women also do not despite religious tenets that could be interpreted as requiring them to do so.

Until fairly recently, most Christian denominations required women to cover their hair whenever in a place of worship, and there are still some smaller Christian sub-groups that consider it a religious requirement that women cover their hair at all times when out in public. This goes back to Corinthians.

Married Jewish women, at least those who are frum, will also usually keep their hair covered when out in public, usually with a hat, beret, scarf, or snood. This comes from observing the Talmudic principle of tzniut, or modesty. Also in common use though this one is prohibited in some streams of Judaism, and this strikes me as the height of ridiculous vanity, is the use of wigs made out of human hair that some Jewish women use to cover their own hair and thus be technically in compliance with Jewish law.

These are all variations of how various Jewish and Christian denominations and the more fundamentalist sub-denominations interpret and implement their respective religious requirements of modesty and humility. They are hardly monolithic in how they do so.

Same goes for Islam. There are passages in the Quran that call for woman to dress modestly. The definition of "modest" varies between different Islamic groups and communities, but that does not mean that the more extreme forms of modesty (ie, burqa) are any less religiously legitimate than the more modest forms (light hair-scarf).

Last edited:
Good one dude! It sure is a choice when in Saudi Arabia, even non Muslim women have to wear a hijab. Yeah pure choice.

Funny guy

You don't seem to understand. That is Saudia's law. Obey or get out, it's that simple.

However it is not the case here. Hijab in Islam is compulsory but not niqab or purdah (covering the face). Even though Hijab is compulsory, you cannot force your women to wear it if they choose not to. They have a choice.

Comprende?

You don't seem to understand. That is Saudia's law. Obey or get out, it's that simple.

However it is not the case here. Hijab in Islam is compulsory but not niqab or purdah (covering the face). Even though Hijab is compulsory, you cannot force your women to wear it if they choose not to. They have a choice.

Comprende?

That is so true. It is The Law in Saudi and it is fiercely protected by the "mutawa". THE religious police. I saw an Indian Woman being beaten across the stomach with a cane by the "mutawa". She was wearing the tradition Indian dress. With the midriff showing bare skin.

Comprende?

Ever stop to think that Saudia's law is actually Islamic law?

Ever stop to think that Saudia's law is actually Islamic law?

Yes it's Shariah law if you want to go that route.

What i am saying is, if a country has a law, you as a citizen or visitor needs to respect it. You mentioned Saudia earlier which is why i stated this.

this thread is really off track.
have filled up 2x at the shell stations this week....once paid at the pump and once had to pay inside (as the pay-at-pump feature was not working).....never was asked to remove my helmet.

Wow! This thread took on a life of it's own.
Thanks for everyone's thoughts and opinions.

Just a FYI since it happened yesterday -- Went to fill up at Shell in Bowmanville and didn't notice the pump I was at said "must pay in store" (pay at pump broken). Anyhow already had the gloves off and cap open, so I filled it and walked in with my helmet still on. Had no issues paying with my Mastercard and leaving.

Any dude can go pay in full Burka, then I can pay with my helmet on.

The only reason I would go inside to pay is if the debit machine was not working.
Or to get a receipt because it is out of paper.

In an ironic twist of biblical proportions, even ISIS has deemed the burka a security threat:

"The Islamic State group has reportedly banned women from wearing a burka, a veil that covers the entire face, as a security precaution in the northern Iraqi city of Mosul. The alleged new rule is striking in part because the militant group also known as ISIS has beaten and killed women in the past for refusing to wear the conservative garment.

Militant leaders banned burqas after a group of veiled women carried out attacks against several ISIS commanders, according to media reports Tuesday. Women wearing burqas will no longer be allowed to enter buildings in Mosul, an ISIS stronghold, while wearing the full-body covering.
"

http://www.ibtimes.com/isis-bans-burqas-islamic-state-deems-hijab-security-problem-iraq-2411854

They're still making women wear the things outside of such areas but it is ironic that even the most extreme elements of Islam recognize the security threat face-coverings post.

Back
Top Bottom