Looking for endurance race partner for Aug. 27th, Grand Bend. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Looking for endurance race partner for Aug. 27th, Grand Bend.

Owen

Hey hey!

I'm looking for someone to ride with me (two-up, of course - who rides passenger seat to be discussed) for the next endurance race at Grand Bend. I did the last one by myself (the Walker clan provided lots of aid!!) and although it's doable, the 35-40 minutes total break time sprinkled through out felt like a waste. I'm not out to win anything. Just treating it as a lapping/practice day.

I'll be taking my 2009 Ninja 250. It's pretty much stock except for front spring and a few other small things.

Race fee per team is $250 tax included, so we'll split that plus gas, tires and wear/tear.

Preferably, someone who's already a RACE or SOAR member with a bit of experience.

Looking to confirm by this Saturday, the 20th.

PM me and I'll send ya my phone number.

Last edited:
Boy is Jared going to be miffed that you didn't ask him first....

:)

I sent you guys and a few others a group message on FB. Let me know if he's up for it! I'll probably be there Thursday night to do the Friday practice and also going camping with a few friends Saturday night who will be in the area. Not sure if Jared drives yet, might be awkward with me being there for so long.

I might be down for that Owen. Do you know what time the race will be roughly?
Was going to add you in the message I sent out to some of the RACE small bike guys but I don't have you on FB! Add me facebook.com/owenthomas84

They are scheduled to start after lunch between 1pm and 2pm depending on what happens in the morning. There's also a morning practice included that I'd obviously split with who ever is coming. Race is 3 hours. Can't remember how many practice sessions there were but it was at least a couple per class.

Last edited:
I would love to do this. Unfortunately I have to teach that weekend and can't get out of that as I have already switched that weekend for another. Please do keep me in mind if this opportunity does present its self in the future. I have signed up for the racer5 weekend in septemeber, can't wait.

I'll probably come up Friday night. What are the pits like there, any power available?

If you post on the SOAR facebook page I am sure someone will take you up on the offer.

I know that Lindsey was looking to join a team and he has extensive experience in endurance at GB.

If I wasn't so busy I would love to join, most fun I have had in endurance was with a 250.

Owen,

Glad to hear you're going to be at Grand Bend this weekend. We already have our team set, but you're welcome to pit next to us during the race and we'll give you all the help we can. I"ll also put the word out to some other Buffalo area racers that may be able to come up and ride for you. I've been working on recruiting more riders so that our team can run two bikes next year, so some more guys are already talking about coming up with us.

Timm

Hey there! I don't mind riding for two teams (my own) and yours if you want. I just really want to ride a 250. ;)

Based on pictures I saw it ended in a lowside, no injuries.

I think Owen likes dropping the bike on that side. Did it at SMP in the pits ;)

I think Owen likes dropping the bike on that side. Did it at SMP in the pits ;)

aaahahaha! Thanks for the public shaming, Joe!
Definitely a brain fart moment there.

The left side has had some love too. First race weekend over Canada Day at Shannonville.

No man, I'm the king of brain farts. I crash on warm up laps.

Back
Top Bottom