Speeding ticket - clerical error | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Speeding ticket - clerical error

It doesn't "look" like it was a correction, but rather the officer didn't put the seperator, in place when writing the previous ticket and had "bleed through"

It would seem to me that the bleed through would be evident across the whole ticket if that was the case, not just the one number.

It seems obvious to me that this is not bleed through as the only thing in dispute is the one number (6 or 1) on the ticket.
The officer made an error on the ticket and since you were from Toronto and unlikely to go to court, he could get away with it.
Now the problem becomes is the amount of the fine and a possible increase in insurance worth the money it would cost to attend court?
I would see what Points or Ex Copper would charge to attend as your agent.

Ok Now I have seen the ticket on an actual screen as opposed to cell phone, It doesn't seem like it is bleed through.

Just a few points for the OP to consider.

1. the officer stated roadside he/she was lowering the ticket from 124 to 114. If you choose to go to trial, (If the ticket isn't dismissed at first appearance or by the JP, remember there are MANY variables at play, and nothing is a slam dunk), the crown will seek to proceed with the "actual speed", (which will be in the officer's notes on the ticket), of 124 as opposed to the 114.
2. Because you live more than 75 Km from Thunder Bay, you have the option of requesting your first appearance be via telephone, (but it isn't always as effective as appearing in person).
3. As Statsman stated, if you choose to use one of the traffic ticket services, be aware, they are great at getting things reduced but not necessarily dropped, (although in this instance they "should" be able to have it dropped), and what will the cost be to do so.
4. If you decide to represent yourself, what are the potential costs, (if you win or lose).

In all likelihood, unless you switch insurers, or have an accident insurance is unlikely to discover the ticket on your record, (of course you are required to advise them)...

Again I would, submit a disclosure request ASAP, (it can be done via fax). See what the officer's copy of the ticket looks like, as well as any notes, he/she made at the time.

I can't find the Highway Traffic Act of Ontario (HTAoO). Should be tossed on that stupidity alone.

I can't find the Highway Traffic Act of Ontario (HTAoO). Should be tossed on that stupidity alone.
This.
614 is mighty fast.
Wtf is "speeding to wit"?

Sent from my custom Purple Joe Bass mobile on Tapatalk

This. 614 is mighty fast. Wtf is "speeding to wit"? Sent from my custom Purple Joe Bass mobile on Tapatalk
"Speeding, that is to say" . . .

"Speeding, that is to say" . . .
Thanks. I guess I ain't done learned me my English real good.

Ok Now I have seen the ticket on an actual screen as opposed to cell phone, It doesn't seem like it is bleed through.

1. the officer stated roadside he/she was lowering the ticket from 124 to 114. If you choose to go to trial, (If the ticket isn't dismissed at first appearance or by the JP, remember there are MANY variables at play, and nothing is a slam dunk), the crown will seek to proceed with the "actual speed", (which will be in the officer's notes on the ticket), of 124 as opposed to the 114.

The OP did not say the ticket was reduced, rather that the officer said she was giving him a 124 in a 90. If the speed was reduced it would be indicated by an 'R' on the ticket. If this is the case then hedo2002 statement above is correct. If it isn't the case, I see 614km in a 90km and I think the OP stands a very good chance of having this tossed.

The OP did not say the ticket was reduced, rather that the officer said she was giving him a 124 in a 90. If the speed was reduced it would be indicated by an 'R' on the ticket. If this is the case then hedo2002 statement above is correct. If it isn't the case, I see 614km in a 90km and I think the OP stands a very good chance of having this tossed.

Circling the r is optional. They can give you a reduced ticket, not circle the r and still amend up in court.

I always laugh when I hear someone was caught doing more than 50 over, and the officer lowered it below the 50 over threshold and charged under 128 vs 172, but then they go on to say they'll fight the ticket. Considering insurance only cares about minor vs major...the best case would be you'd still end up with a slightly lower minor, or the judge will remove the reduction and charge you with the full major infraction.

Speeding to wit, is the"official" verbiage used in court. When the clerk reads the charge, they use that exact language...

This.
614 is mighty fast.
Wtf is "speeding to wit"?

Back
Top Bottom