Failed with a burnout :( help ! :) | GTAMotorcycle.com

Failed with a burnout :( help ! :)

wantsabike

So I tried doing a burnout in my bike for the very first time and I couldn't get it to get loose if I revd it enough the bike would just creep forward no wheel spin and if it wasn't doing that it would stall out .....

And ns yes I was off the seat and leaning forward mind you I'm only 160lbs give or take ..... Any help would be good :) thanks

Not sure what bike you're on but sometimes it helps to push down on the bars to compress the Forks as you release the clutch. It helps to lighten the rear a bit, especially if it's not a high HP bike.
I've never owned a bike with abs, not sure what that would do?

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

So I tried doing a burnout in my bike for the very first time and I couldn't get it to get loose if I revd it enough the bike would just creep forward no wheel spin and if it wasn't doing that it would stall out .....

And ns yes I was off the seat and leaning forward mind you I'm only 160lbs give or take ..... Any help would be good :) thanks

Get a car, i hear it's easier and you chances of killing yourself are less higher. :)

It a o5 zx636 modded so Iam sure it will and I'm not doing it right ? Lol also lately the weather has been stupid hot and humid .... So maybe the road and tire itself was to sticky (power 2ct)

and ive had cars faster then the bike I have now in the 1/4mile so yea hahaha :p

Do it the cheap way.
Front wheel up against something.
Wall, car, a heavy friend etc... and dump the clutch out

Do it the cheap way.
Front wheel up against something.
Wall, car, a heavy friend etc... and dump the clutch out

how will dumping the clutch help me to learn to do it tho as ya can't dump the clutch and it always spins mostly it'll hook n throw you off

Up against something will get you used to the feel of it getting loose. From there you'll progress to full stand alone burn outs.

Curb big enough ?? And really I have to dump it ? Or you mean dropping the clutch when it almost out anyway ?

My advice is to purchase cheap Dirtbike and practice; why drop a perfectly good SS?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My advice is to purchase cheap Dirtbike and practice; why drop a perfectly good SS?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup.So much to be learned from dirt.

Use more bleach under the rear tire.

You are trying to shock the rear tire so it breaks loose. Ignore all your training on being smooth with the controls.

Well I have done them in dirt bikes before and my quads but never on a street bike let alone a sport bike lol so freaks me out a little

so would a curb be big enough for the front tire ? And why don't te tire just come loose like I've seen in videos before they just let the clutch out slow and it starts spinning ?

Maybe I keep trying then and maybe I'll have luck Iam sure it didn't help with the roads being super hot and as well as my tire too likely lol

My advice: Don't try and sell your bike on this forum after posting that.

Shouldnt be too hard, I can do them on my little 300 so a 636 should have plenty of juice to get the wheel spinning. My tip: don't dump the clutch. Hold the front brake, lean forward off the seat and push down on the bars a bit. Release clutch to friction point, add about half throttle (I get to about 6-7k rpm) and release clutch until you feel the tire break loose, then let off the clutch and burn away! Dumping the clutch right away tends to make the bike buck and it might get away from you.

Instead of cheating against a wall or curb, find an area where you can put your front tire on pavement and rear tire on dirt. Should break loose much easier and let you get a feel for it.

Back
Top Bottom