Labour Day Weekend Saturday - Frontenac Region | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Labour Day Weekend Saturday - Frontenac Region

THREAD HIJACK ALERT!

looks like an awesome rideI really wish I could join. Shane you have great routes I wish I could find a way to save them. Does anyone have suggestions? I have tried using online tools to convert the google links to gpx or KML files but as soon as I copy and paste the link it looses all the "wayward points" and does the direct route to the destination..which we obviously dont want.

If anyone knows of a way around this I would love the help.

I have been trying to save routes in My Maps
I have stopped using My Maps - after the last revision it's not as good as it used to be and doesn't allow for easy saving of routes into gps devices.

If you want gpx files I can send you the ones I have. Just send me your email address and let me know which ones you are looking for.

If you want gpx files of all the routes I have listed in the sticky in the Cruising/Touring sub-forum, then I don't have those, because they are just saved as Google Maps routes. They would be really easy for you to build yourself - the same way that I do it. I use a free program called Tyre (http://www.tyretotravel.com/) which allows you to build routes using the google maps platform/interface, after which it's super easy to upload to your device or save as a gpx file on your computer.

The bike that's going, is in the van along with a spare wheel chock and tie downs. Looking forward to this!
Brian, you got space for one more in the van to sleep at the campsite? I'm not planning on bringing much of anything in the way of camping gear.

Woohoo! Don't have to work. I'm coming for the Friday ride.
Shane, are we brown bagging lunch?

empty: You can bring a lunch if you like, or when we are passing by Bancroft, there is a Subway right on our route. We won't eat there, just take it to go and we'll be stopping about 10 minutes past that at a nice spot on South Baptiste Lake Rd.

I wont be able to go on Saturday, :(
have a wonderful ride guys hopefully next one i can make it.

Righto. So I can't get away until noon from Kingston but for fun then I'll run the Friday route in reverse and try to catch you at some point. Best guess, somewhere near Calabogie.

This afternoon's jobsite visit was pointless, so I'm ahead of schedule and dragging my heels at the Trenton OnRoute.

Sorry to hear that:(
We're in Calabogie right now and on our way south:)

i missed you by 30 mins then. Arrived early and sat by the lake for a bit, rode up to Calabogie peaks resort to see if I could see you then headed off. I needed to be back in Kingston early ish, sorry. Hope the ride is good tomorrow.

Ride's off for Saturday? Since I've mentally prepared& bikes all packed, I'll go for a ride later on

This afternoon's jobsite visit was pointless, so I'm ahead of schedule and dragging my heels at the Trenton OnRoute.

Hey Brian,
I really appreciate your help. It was great for me to not have to worry about salvaging the bike.
Thanks, I owe you one. I'll have to meet up and thank you properly one day.
Mark

Ps. Your mailbox is full.

Back
Top Bottom