Labour Day Weekend Saturday - Frontenac Region | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Labour Day Weekend Saturday - Frontenac Region

No worries, come out for the Friday ride and I can almost guarantee you will be a much better rider after the day is done. I always wait for everyone to catch up anyways. Until you take courses of some sort, the easiest way to get better is experience and practice, with people who won't pressure you into riding above your abilities.

Friday ride?

Yup - reread the first post for the routes. Instead of riding up to Kingston area on Saturday morning, on Friday I'm going to do a long ride up to Elephant lake Rd and through Calabogie and then crash near Kingston for the night. Then do a Kingston area ride on Saturday and come home after that. So two rides, one on each day, with Friday on familiar roads and Saturday on all new to me roads.

Yup - reread the first post for the routes. Instead of riding up to Kingston area on Saturday morning, on Friday I'm going to do a long ride up to Elephant lake Rd and through Calabogie and then crash near Kingston for the night. Then do a Kingston area ride on Saturday and come home after that. So two rides, one on each day, with Friday on familiar roads and Saturday on all new to me roads.

Ahhhh.... doubtful I can make it but I will see what I can do... will let you know.... But now that I know you are more open to "less confident cornerers" lol I will definitely keep my open for more of your rides :)

anyone leaving from GTA or closer to Hamilton on Saturday morning???? just feeling lonely riding to the meet spot and back that's 7 hours for me alone :(

Rakkaus: On your return trip, I'll be riding back as far as Mississauga or you could always see if there will be room in Brian's van for your bike if you didn't feel like riding the 401 home..

First step taken ... all my track stuff including the race bike is out of the van. It had to come out to do a sprocket change for Calabogie anyhow. And new tires. (VRRA at Bogie is the weekend after this planned trip)

What it means is that there is a possibility that I can split the trip in the van with someone else in the Miss/Bram/Gtown/Caledon area, so if anyone besides myself is feeling too olde to put up with the first and last three or four hours of the trip (the boring highway part), speak up. The van uses 11 - 12 L/100 km so splitting the gas pretty much makes this a freebie. If we stay overnight, I'm sleeping in the van, but there's no issue bringing camping gear ... this way you don't have to pack it on your bike.

PM sent.

I'm taking Friday off to join you for the full ride Shane. Also, PM sent.

I'm thinking of joining you guys for the Friday ride portion. I won't know for sure about work till at least Wed night.
Can't do the Sat and also worried about long weekend traffic that day.

Shanekingsley, can I get the gpx files for the two days? I just realized they don't keep these ride treads for long. I was looking for your Haliburton ride from earlier this summer and its gone. Not even in the Past Rides folder. But, that's ok. I had sent an email of that ride to a buddy and the route was there.

Hmm. I might be able to get out on Friday and see if I can catch up with you in Bancroft and ride back to Kingston depending on timing. Have you decided on where and when you'll be taking a break? There's a big crossroads in Bancroft with a decent pub on the corner that serves pretty good food.

empty: here's the old Haliburton ride thread from a couple of months ago: http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/showthread.php?197937-Sunday-July-10-Muskoka-and-Haliburton
These rides often don't get moved to the past rides area, but they just get moved down the page as newer rides are posted. Send me your email address and I can send you the gpx files for the routes.

JC100: I'm not sure yet where we are taking a break for lunch. I know we aren't doing the long sit down lunch thing on Friday too, but if I had to guess I think we might stop in Bancroft to grab gas and some subway sandwiches and then stop by the side of the road along South Baptiste Lake Rd, because it quiet there with an awesome view of the lake.

Is it just me? Under Rides/Hookups I only see Threads 1 to 20 of 20. There are no more pages to go back.

looks like i'm most likely off friday.

pm coming Shane.

My inlaws are off south baptiste road. Might be a better view? Or go sit down at the lake.

For anyone coming,
Bring shorts this time!

empty: I sent you an email with the gpx files. Also, I can see threads all the way back to May of this year - maybe 50-100 previous threads. It might be a site supporter access thing or something else that you can alter in your user settings. Maybe post up the support section at the bottom of the main page, or PM Paul.

Matt: your inbox is full so I can't reply to you. That's awesome that your in-laws are off South Baptiste. That could be a great place to eat our lunch and go for a dip. I do want to make it to the campsite with enough time to set up tent and relax before dark, so if we leave early in the morning we'll have lots of time for a swim.
Maybe leaving my house around 6:30/7am again to get across the 401 before the morning rush heats up?

You coming for just Friday or Friday and Saturday too?

Last edited:
I'll come for both. Just deleted most of my inbox.

Along the way if we can:

I have to pick up a shock that I had serviced at accelerated Technologies in Buckhorn. Its just east of Flynn's gas station at the bottom of the 507.

You should pick John Sherrard's brain a bit about updating your suspension. Super nice guy.

We could head up King Rd. to 48 to avoid the 400 series highways and the rush?

Lots of options. We have a couple days to figure it out.

All sounds good to me and I look forward to that shop in Buckhorn. Some others might be coming from the east end so meet spot @ Port Perry Tim's since it's easiest. I'm hoping that morning traffic on the highway will be light - usually it is on Fridays before long weekends.

edit: updated 1st post with Friday details - meet in Port Perry for 8am. Matt, you want to just come to my house again for around 6:30?

Last edited:
The bike that's going, is in the van along with a spare wheel chock and tie downs. Looking forward to this!

THREAD HIJACK ALERT!

looks like an awesome rideI really wish I could join. Shane you have great routes I wish I could find a way to save them. Does anyone have suggestions? I have tried using online tools to convert the google links to gpx or KML files but as soon as I copy and paste the link it looses all the "wayward points" and does the direct route to the destination..which we obviously dont want.

If anyone knows of a way around this I would love the help.

I have been trying to save routes in My Maps

Back
Top Bottom