Caberg X trace vs Nexx XD 1 helmet. Anyone got one? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Caberg X trace vs Nexx XD 1 helmet. Anyone got one?

jc100

Anyne got any input on either of these helmets? One is significantly more expensive than the other but they both have more or less the same features.

Anyne got any input on either of these helmets? One is significantly more expensive than the other but they both have more or less the same features.

I have the Nexx XD1, use it for my daily ride around town helmet. Great features, I have it with the built in bluetooth. Music is clear enough, though I wish the volume would auto adjust when the speed pick up. My Schuberth C3 Pro does that.

It is comfortable for around town, not something I would wear for touring but I did not buy it for that. It is a loud helmet, but it is a dual sport helmet so that is a given. Materials seem nice, happy with the feature set as it was the only one that had everything I wanted without the price tag of another Schuberth helmet (E1).

It does come with a lot of options, mounts for gopros, different chin vents, removable visor and plates that mount in place to stream line things. Very feature rich, but not available in Canada, had to get it from Revzilla and risked it not having the opportunity to try the helmet on before buying

Not input on the Caberg, never worn it.

There is a pretty lengthy discussion on the helmet on advrider
http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/nexx-x-d1-dualsport-helmet.1026662/

Where to get these helmets in Canada and how much are they?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Where to get these helmets in Canada and how much are they?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I wouldn't be getting them from Canada or the US but from Europe. That Caberg X trace would be about $300 landed at my door, maybe $250 CDN if I escape taxes on the shipment. The Nexx would be about $600 CDN I think.

BurnoutItaly website and Motostorm.it sell one or both of these and some German stores too. The Caberg is very interesting as it's extremely well priced for an ADV helmet from an Italian manufacturer. It has a dro down sunshade and is pinlock ready (might actually come with a pinlock).

I wouldn't be getting them from Canada or the US but from Europe. That Caberg X trace would be about $300 landed at my door, maybe $250 CDN if I escape taxes on the shipment. The Nexx would be about $600 CDN I think.

BurnoutItaly website and Motostorm.it sell one or both of these and some German stores too. The Caberg is very interesting as it's extremely well priced for an ADV helmet from an Italian manufacturer. It has a dro down sunshade and is pinlock ready (might actually come with a pinlock).

Nexx cheated out, pin lock visor but no insert. Nexx makes the touratech model of this helmet, which I think costs more and actually has less with no option for integrated Bluetooth. That was/is a must have feature for me, so was nice to see it all in the Nexx for a lot less then the schuberth E1, thou I bet the schuberth is light years ahead in terms of comfort.

Nexx cheated out, pin lock visor but no insert. Nexx makes the touratech model of this helmet, which I think costs more and actually has less with no option for integrated Bluetooth. That was/is a must have feature for me, so was nice to see it all in the Nexx for a lot less then the schuberth E1, thou I bet the schuberth is light years ahead in terms of comfort.

Reading reviews I saw the Nexx version was the better buy. I may take a chance on the Caberg though as it looks pretty neat. I can always put a Sena on it.

Back
Top Bottom