Bicyclists should have insurance... | Page 8 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bicyclists should have insurance...

Anywhere a car can go on public property would be considered "road use" for arguments sake. If people, especially cyclist, are going to intermingle with cars it would seem socially irresponsible to not carry insurance in the event of damage caused by said intermingling and, specifically, cycling. That seems like fair play and the moral high ground. You can't fight the moral high ground. This position is unassailable. Inconvenient, sure, but I see great things for our future.

Hopefully they get it now...there are always laggards...it's the big wheel machine of human beings.

as for your 2 bicycles...are they rated for street use or off road use:lmao:

@inreb

Thankfully, the cut is not deep; knife is not the sharpest

I feel the same way when I'm driving in my truck...
Why should anyone else have to stop in that scenario?

Many more blind spots and distractions when you're in your truck. Also, your truck is much more lethal to everyone else around you, than it is to yourself, so you need to operate it more carefully, than, say a bicycle, or any other human-powered vehicle.

On a bicycle, your ignorance of road hazards around you will undoubtedly result in *you* being injured, so the rules should cater to bicycles differently. When a pedestrian crosses the road at a 4-way stop sign intersection, should we make it a law that they need to break their stride and come to a full stop before crossing?

196wkj.jpg

When I was about 10yrs. old, for some reason I can't remember the details, I had a hockey stick in a shopping cart which I was wheeling around a Dominion store parking lot in a rather haphazard manner and some old guy jumps out of his car going positively mental and I guess I got pretty close to his car and now that he mentioned it the paint did look pretty fresh, oh my. Can somebody help me sort this out?

I would try the yellow pages under therapist. that's one word.

No need, been on the roads with them, they keep to the side or occupy the lane properly.I
don't see them zipping around in the dark (with no candle light on) or running stop signs.

If they did hit a car, they are not running away like a cyclist can/do.

Also, I am more likely to trust them to pay for their damages than someone that zips around ignoring road rules and feeling self entitled.

Well...

A speeding horse and buggy driver had some explaining to do early Sunday morning.The buggy driver had to walk the horse and buggy back to the farm from which it was borrowed after a wild ride that ended in careless driving charges and liquor violations.

The horse and buggy was borrowed by a 23-year-old Perth East man from outside the Anabaptist community, which includes groups such as Mennonites and Amish. The driver was an acquaintance of the farmer who lent out the horse and buggy, said Perth County OPP Const. Kees Wijnands.

“Had the owner known what they were up to, he probably wouldn't let them use the buggy,” he said.

The young man caught the eye of OPP officers when he and two friends swerved down the road in Milverton at a “greater than normal buggy speed.”

The officers were parked at Main and Mill streets and watched the buggy pass by again a short time later. This time the buggy driver sped up the horse when he saw the cruiser, police said.

Police followed the buggy southbound on Main Street without lights or sirens to avoid scaring the horse. The buggy was still moving erratically when the driver attempted a sharp left turn onto Pugh Street, police said.

The horse jumped the curb, the buggy tipped and all three occupants, along with bottles of liquor, spilled onto the road.

“These three occupants could have been hurt and you're looking at the horse too. All the horse can do is what the bridle and bit tell it to do,” Wijnands said.

No one was hurt, including the horse, and the buggy wasn't damaged because it landed on its wheels.

Because the buggy is not classified as a motor vehicle, charges related to driving with open alcohol cannot be laid, Wijnands explained.

The driver and his passengers, two young men in their 20s, were charged with having liquor outside of a licenced venue or private residence.

The driver will be paying about $450 in fines for the buggy joy ride.

This is not the first time a farmer from the Anabaptist community has been victimized. There have been cases where buggies have been stolen and left in ditches.

“They don't usually complain because they don't want to make a fuss,” Wijnands said.

laura.cudworth@sunmedia.ca

http://www.stratfordbeaconherald.co...-man-tips-buggy-charged-with-careless-driving

dumb example
You failed to provide the price to get the door to your home?
Who will paint the door?
Who will remove and replace the doors?

So you want to paint the new door and stick in on the side of the car...oh man the painters and body shop guys should be laughing at you.
I guess they will send you a post weathered door to ensure the paint matches up to the rest of the car.

Don't think that any Delorean purist would ever think of painting a new door.

Don't think that any Delorean purist would ever think of painting a new door.

I know, nobody paint a Delorean, well there is always one or two somewhere, lol
He never answered about the cost of installing.

About your post
"Because the buggy is not classified as a motor vehicle, charges related to driving with open alcohol cannot be laid, Wijnands explained."

So can an ebike or cyclist get away with it also...are they classified as motor vehicles.

I know, nobody paint a Delorean, well there is always one or two somewhere, lol
He never answered about the cost of installing.

About your post
"Because the buggy is not classified as a motor vehicle, charges related to driving with open alcohol cannot be laid, Wijnands explained."

So can an ebike or cyclist get away with it also...are they classified as motor vehicles.

ebikes have motors and therefore motor vehicles and can't be ridden by persons prohibited from driving motorized vehicles.

A push bike is still subject to public consumption regs.

ebikes have motors and therefore motor vehicles and can't be ridden by persons prohibited from driving motorized vehicles.

A push bike is still subject to public consumption regs.

I am not sure about the ebike classification. There were other threads about ppl with DUI's using ebikes because they are not supposed to use motorized vehicles/things including riding mowers.

The cops know that a lot of ebikers have DUI's so that would be easy pickings to stop them and check.
Maybe Hedo could chime in or Rob M.

I am not sure about the ebike classification. There were other threads about ppl with DUI's using ebikes because they are not supposed to use motorized vehicles/things including riding mowers.

The cops know that a lot of ebikers have DUI's so that would be easy pickings to stop them and check.
Maybe Hedo could chime in or Rob M.

It may have been griff that clarified it for me and he's usually pretty accurate even if you don't like the answer. Basically muscle power only if you have a DUI. I meant to ask him if a DUIer could ride a horse, drive a horse and buggy or downhill ski. Sailboats were out. Not sure about hang gliding as that uses gravity not muscle. How about a Roman galley full of slaves with a DUIer at the rudder with a whip?

It may have been griff that clarified it for me and he's usually pretty accurate even if you don't like the answer. Basically muscle power only if you have a DUI. I meant to ask him if a DUIer could ride a horse, drive a horse and buggy or downhill ski. Sailboats were out. Not sure about hang gliding as that uses gravity not muscle. How about a Roman galley full of slaves with a DUIer at the rudder with a whip?

You trying to mess with 'the man'.

Back
Top Bottom