Sturgis or Daytona? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Sturgis or Daytona?

Portuga

Sturgis Bike Week is coming to an end and I wonder if anyone here has ever gone? I know there is also a large bike week in Daytona. I did Friday the 13th this year (Port Dover) and it was interesting enough to think about trying a larger event down in the States. If you have gone to either or both would you go again or is it even worth going down for either?

I first heard of Sturgis about 20 years ago and I thought it would be great to go.
Never did during the festival.
I did make it down a few years ago in June. A nice town that is very motorcycle friendly.
I understand that up to 60,000 bikers attend the festival now. I'm sure this influx strains the town's resources to the limit.
Every hotel, motel and B&B are already booked for next year as is all the available camping.
Without reservations, look for a 100 mile ride from the town to your campsite.

If you're looking for a less expensive (and attended) alternative, Biketoberfest in Daytona is fun.

Try Laconia or Americade. They're both a day's ride away. Laconia is more in the spirit of Sturgis - lots of HD's, Americade is for the touring crowd but its a fun week. I've been to both multiple times.

... I understand that up to 60,000 bikers attend the festival now. I'm sure this influx strains the town's resources to the limit.
Every hotel, motel and B&B are already booked for next year as is all the available camping ...

Attendance to a factor of 10! Been to both 2x over the past 10 years along with Americade & Laconia. Much prefer Sturgis. Many sights, great riding. Unlike most of the other events, there isn't just one main event location were the event is essentially focused (Weir's Beach). You can get get camping pretty much last-minute (Buffalo Chip), but there are advantages to booking ahead. As stated though, getting hotel accommodation is next to impossible.

^ really funny as we did a NE tour with Adrian back in the day....

Americade, cruisers, family
Laconia - friends, family
Daytona- fans, family
Sturgis - everyone but family.

Back
Top Bottom