Tube bending and welding | GTAMotorcycle.com

Tube bending and welding

mroberto

Hello folks. I'm contemplating a couple of projects but I have neither the knowledge nor the tools to bend tube and cut/weld it. Does anyone on the forum rent out their services or do you know anyone who does?

What kind of tube are you talking about?
At one time muffler shops like Midas and Speedy used to advertise their ability to fit an exhaust pipe on any vehicle with their custom pipe bending machine.
It has been well over a decade since I have seen one of these ads, but a few phone calls may find out if this service is still available.

I've had work done on my car and my friends supra at zoro muffler (Mississauga, dundas and tomken), but that was also about a decade ago. They do everything.

OP, need more details on what you are looking for. Muffler tube bender will not work if what you are looking for is tube bending for say a custom motorcycle frame. Also if you start to look around and see the pipe bender at somewhere like princess auto you need to understand it will kink tube as pipe is based on ID and not OD and also pipe is generally thicker wall. The cutting and welding is probably the easier of the 3 requirements, the bending will be the tough one.

Several years back my buddy got CSC in newmarket to custom bend his 4x4 roll cage bars (we welded them in) https://www.cscracing.com/ and they also were going to do some bending for me though my project never got that far. They build stockcar frames so can bend/cut/weld though the tube sizes will probably be in the standard rollcage/frame sizes

Jeff

Thanks for the help everyone! A couple of these places look really promising.

I'm toying with the idea of building custom crash bars or crash cage of some sort. Probably no larger than 1.25" tube, so not pipe or exhaust work.

Back
Top Bottom