Quitting for 5 years, anyone do this before? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Quitting for 5 years, anyone do this before?

油井緋色

Site Supporter
Long story short, girl friend is paying for rent so I can pay my student loans off fast. After bills, I have $200/m leisure money.

My friend is buying my bike on Sunday right after my last track day. I'm starting to feel pretty ****ing emo.

=(

I stopped riding for a couple years when I went back to school.... got back into it once I was out of school with a better paying job and a nicer bike

you'll survive

I'll leave you with this as a parting gift:
3017923-pine-cone-on-the-white-background.jpg

So your girlfriend is paying off your student loans. Check.

Will she let you buy another bike when the bills are paid? Do you have a joint checking account? So many questions.#inrebrules

as much fun as motorcycling is, your life changes at some point and it's really not a genuine priority. it comes back I think.

(did for me)

I think many people do this, and not just for 5 years. Marriage, mortgage, kids, risk management etc etc .............. means tight family budgets and setting priorities. Sold my Yamaha 750 in 1983 and purchased Honda ST1100 in 2003, a 20 year gap.

I was sans bike for 1 season. Nearly killed me...or more accurately, everyone else. Never again if I can help it. Even a cheap ugly old running bike is better than none.

I was sans bike for 1 season. Nearly killed me...or more accurately, everyone else. Never again if I can help it. Even a cheap ugly old running bike is better than none.

I'm more inline with you than others in this thread I think. I'm addicted to the adrenaline and rush of trying to get faster...and will probably be grumpy as **** if I don't get my fix lol

just do track days. Save the insurance money, but track days are not cheap either....ummm
All work and no play ..whats the point to it all then.

just do track days. Save the insurance money, but track days are not cheap either....ummm
All work and no play ..whats the point to it all then.

I think he already just doing track days?

anyways
life priorities drive what you can and cant do with leisure time/money. if riding doesnt fit right now, something else will fill the void temporarily or possibly even longer term.

Last edited:
Guessing you are selling the bike to use that money to pay stuff down? If you only do track that means no insurance, and if the bike was paid for in full, expenses would be minimal (and dependant on how many track days you do per year), would it not?

油井緋色;2439621 said:
I only do track.

Switch to dirt! Cheaper to buy, much cheaper to run. A Ganny season pass is about half the cost of 1 track day fee, plus you can go when ever you want. If you just ride track, then you've already got the trailer & vehicle to haul your dirt bike.

Try a day at Trail Tours to see if this will give you your fix!

I have taken a 10 year break before.
油井緋色;2439584 said:
Long story short, girl friend is paying for rent so I can pay my student loans off fast. After bills, I have $200/m leisure money.

My friend is buying my bike on Sunday right after my last track day. I'm starting to feel pretty ****ing emo.

=(

Guessing you are selling the bike to use that money to pay stuff down? If you only do track that means no insurance, and if the bike was paid for in full, expenses would be minimal (and dependant on how many track days you do per year), would it not?

Track is actually not cheaper than street despite what everyone thinks lol

The average trackday, including fuel, hydration, etc costs around $250-300. This doesn't account for tire wear and maintenance parts. I'm also at a point where I might need a new rear shock (I'll find out on Sunday). In the event of a crash, the costs could skyrocket as well.

Having $200 a month left to spend is honestly too little for this sport. I figured if I'm gonna half *** riding I might as well sell the bike and live a little more comfortably until I've paid off my student loans.

This. So much this.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom