Quitting for 5 years, anyone do this before? | Page 10 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Quitting for 5 years, anyone do this before?

Thats exactly why we decided on the 250s - they are still able to commute but lots of fun off pavement.
Kid retired his FZ8 for season ( he's riding m Strom for he moment ) but looks forward to the 250.

Why's that?

small, light, under powered bike can be more fun to ride than a big powerful one. Especially with lots of traffic and obstacles.

small, light, under powered bike can be more fun to ride than a big powerful one. Especially with lots of traffic and obstacles.

they can be more fun to ride period, quite irrelevant to topic tho,

ain't no big deal takin' a break, ..other than some rust but way bigger could be ins.....

Last edited:
I got a kx250f and for trails is a pain in the ass. Wish I got something smaller and not a race bike, my mistake.

I'm bumping this thread to give an update on what happened, a life lesson learned, and a middle finger to the "pussy whip" posts here:

I did indeed sell the GSXR, along with 90% of all of my supplies. 2 months later, motorcycle withdrawal kicked in worse than nicotine withdrawal. I had no outlet after work to do something truly enjoyable. I also started losing sight/motivation to work. The goal was to pay off loans ASAP but wtf was the point of living a miserable five years just to be a little more financial secure; financially, even with the motorcycle, my gf and I weren't remotely close to struggling.

During a week-long argument with my gf, she told me I had changed since selling my bike and reminded me that she told me not to sell it.....so she helped me buy a RSV1000R off the guy who I sold my GSXR to (we're good friends).

I learned a really important lesson here. Financial independence is important but so is being happy.

And for all the *** holes saying the girl friend forced me to do it....let me know when your girl helps you buy a motorcycle lol

油井緋色;2487562 said:
I'm bumping this thread to give an update on what happened, a life lesson learned, and a middle finger to the "pussy whip" posts here:

I did indeed sell the GSXR, along with 90% of all of my supplies. 2 months later, motorcycle withdrawal kicked in worse than nicotine withdrawal. I had no outlet after work to do something truly enjoyable. I also started losing sight/motivation to work. The goal was to pay off loans ASAP but wtf was the point of living a miserable five years just to be a little more financial secure; financially, even with the motorcycle, my gf and I weren't remotely close to struggling.

During a week-long argument with my gf, she told me I had changed since selling my bike and reminded me that she told me not to sell it.....so she helped me buy a RSV1000R off the guy who I sold my GSXR to (we're good friends).

I learned a really important lesson here. Financial independence is important but so is being happy.

And for all the *** holes saying the girl friend forced me to do it....let me know when your girl helps you buy a motorcycle lol

Nice to have a wonderful caring Girlfriend. Happiness to you both. Do not take any notice about the negative people out here. Enjoy your life. Never mind the know it all's and the negative ones.

油井緋色;2487562 said:

If she starts paying for tires give her my number.

Moral of the story is to find a older woman with money.

Second moral is to stay away from pine cones.

Nice to have a wonderful caring Girlfriend. Happiness to you both. Do not take any notice about the negative people out here. Enjoy your life. Never mind the know it all's and the negative ones.

Thank you =)

If she starts paying for tires give her my number.

I'm not pushing my luck lol

Moral of the story is to find a older woman with money.

Second moral is to stay away from pine cones.

She's younger than me by a week =P

Don't know if I said it already or not, but I couldn't be lived with without a bike. Learned that, won't do it again.

Don't know if I said it already or not, but I couldn't be lived with without a bike. Learned that, won't do it again.

Yes, you did on the first page. I wasn't sure how bad the withdrawal was going to be be but I completely understand your POV now. Street riding is better than not riding!!! We bought the bike in November and I only got to ride it once...I remember fist pumping till my arm got sore on the 404 on the ride to store it at my folk's place.

I just saw this.

If you're any good at the track, have you though of becoming an instructor, and looked into the different track schools?

It might be a way of having your cake, and eating it too!

油井緋色;2487562 said:

The really important lesson here is that your girlfriend is a *smart* saint and you should marry her posthaste.

I just saw this.

If you're any good at the track, have you though of becoming an instructor, and looked into the different track schools?

It might be a way of having your cake, and eating it too!

I wish I was that good. I'm not even in red (expert) group yet. Maybe in a decade lol I was looking into M2 or M schools though.

Thanks for the suggestion though!

The really important lesson here is that your girlfriend is a *smart* saint and you should marry her posthaste.

That's the plan!

Good for you and her ....kudos.

My partner is supportive ( once she learned I'd been riding since my teens )
She notices the difference when I've been out riding ..bouncier and more energy once she gets past the smell of riding gear in 38C and humid ....

Enjoy ...

Back
Top Bottom