The rise of new riders and motovlogging | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The rise of new riders and motovlogging

I have a VLOG, didn't go past the first few videos. Too much other stuff came up, no time or interest to edit what I record now etc.
Too much effort to make a good vlog.

They're stupid . They seem to put themselves in harms way, rather than avoiding a situation, just so they can have an over the top reaction to garner more likes and subscriptions to their stupid channel.
So much this.

Sent from my custom Purple Joe Bass mobile on Tapatalk

I've been riding (mostly ATV's) around with a camera on my helmet for 5 years now, and a "motovlogging" setup for 3, and I've never made a single vlog. This was so long ago that people on the trails would stop and ask whats that thing attached to the side of my helmet.

Even though I've always had the setup, I just can't stand talking to myself while I'm riding around for anything more then 7 seconds. You must really like the sound of your own voice to talk to yourself all the time, and then go home and listen to you again while editing it. I just couldn't do that. I really think these kids get into riding for the sole purpose of motovlogging and making that YouTube money.

Now that I actually ride around on the streets, I look like an ******* with a GoPro mounted to the side or top of my helmet, and you do to. If I could come up with a better way to mount it to my chin, I might go back to riding with it all the time, but until then, I wont use it.

Theyre all terrible. 99% of them are unwatchable ****, with meme faces and screaming and pranks every 2 seconds, or the guy cant even ride a bike and crashes into something or falls off every other video. The other 1% are fine but I dont watch them because i find it pointless. Theres no fun in watching someone ride a motorcycle at a reasonable pace on a public road, I can go do that myself.

I noticed there's a giant influx of everyone and their mom doing vlogs now. People that have just passed their course and are more focused on views then actually riding well. What is everyone's thoughts on this? do you watch them? make fun of them? condone them?

Discuss

I don't watch them, though I hear the big names that come up here and there. Some of my friends watch them.

YouTube is how they're making their money, so power to them.

It's not just motovlogging, there's a giant influx of EVERYTHING. From Muk-bang (some trend in Korea where people record themselves eating and other people actually watch that ******), to "social experiments/pranks" which have died down but had it's time, to channels about starting drama, to channels about talking about other YouTubers, to unboxing channels, to review channels, to "Top 10 this and Top 10 that" channels.

It's a big f**king s***t show on the internet and you all have the front row seat. Welcome to North America and capitalism.

I only watched them when they came up on youtube when they are reviewing a motorcycle, or to see something specific I couldnt otherwise find information for - ie. QuickShifters, Sound of certain slipon's etc.

This is of value. When I was considering bikes last fall, and again when I was looking at the Vstar 650 for the wife this summer I admit I watched more than a few vlogger "ride along" reviews, but they actually showed valuable content.

Not this.

They're stupid . They seem to put themselves in harms way, rather than avoiding a situation, just so they can have an over the top reaction to garner more likes and subscriptions to their stupid channel.

That seems to be exactly what 99.9% of them are - idiots doing things for attention, because of course riding normally, safely, and conscientiously is boring as hell to watch. As it should be. Unfortunately, all the wannabes and idiots out there eat it up, one only need to look as far as the YouTube comment threads on these sorts of videos to see the mentality of the viewership that the videos are aiming for.

This new generation is much harder working and motivated than the boomers

My experience is anything but. I raised my son (19 now and just entering the workforce in the trades with his first real job) via the school of hard knocks and reality checks. I told him life isn't fair, that his first job is probably going to suck compared to the dream job in his head (but he can get there with hard work and commitment), that he won't be making top-wages at the beginning of his career, and that he's gonna get his hands dirty and be sweaty. Guess what...that's exactly what it's turned out to be, but he's comes home with a smile on his face because he's doing what he wants to do and gaining valuable experience along the way, even though he's been sweating his bag off in 35 degree heat in a metal/welding factory.

And the funny part? A month after he got hired they hired another guy (with no formal experience, so basically unskilled labor) about his same age who does have a healthy dose of special snowflake syndrome. My son, not being a special snowflake, thinks his antics and whining are hilarious. He's starting to relate to everything I've taught him and the realities of life, and I'm proud of him for it.

On another note, every time I hear someone complain about being unable to find work I tell them to go talk to a farmer during crop season. They can't find people to work the fields, hence that whole Temporary Foreign Worker thing that everyone loves to complain about....but if the farmers DO hire people to do the work they seldom last a few days - some don't even make it through the first. True story, again...ask any farmer.

I think I should start my own Muk-Bang channel. Right after I talk to a farmer.
Brb.

Brb.

Don't forget to complain endlessly about your job the entire time. ;)

Maybe you can write write up some multi paragraph full page reviews that no one will read for the description section :p

As long as you promise a snarky reply, sure.

Brb.

Oh god, no, please...anything but a Joe Bass Muk-Bang channel!!!

Don't forget to complain endlessly about your job the entire time. :wink:

I found a leaked episode Joe Bass's Muk-Bang.

[video=youtube;nvlj1216B7k?t=26]https://youtu.be/nvlj1216B7k?t=26[/video]

Last edited:
someone has been riding for a year and is putting out information or advise that a rider just as inexperienced as himself will take as the gospel.
I've been riding over a decade and dont feel qualified to give people riding advice.

as far as reviews go its kinda the same thing..........so its the first bike / helmet / accessory you've owned, and you are going to tell me how superior it is to other products???

finding a good source of information is equally as important if not more important than the information itself IMO

- most other people are a joke -

On another note, every time I hear someone complain about being unable to find work I tell them to go talk to a farmer during crop season. They can't find people to work the fields, hence that whole Temporary Foreign Worker thing that everyone loves to complain about....but if the farmers DO hire people to do the work they seldom last a few days - some don't even make it through the first. True story, again...ask any farmer.

Well done, I too believe a lot of other people simply don't measure up. At least not today and by the looks of it I may be dead and cremated before many of them become fully on stream. Great to hear your son is on the fast track. +1, high 5 or whatever you deem appropriate.

Pure economics dictates the need for the TFW thing. A country where it's economically feasible for the inhabitants to pick their own food is not a country I want to live in. Ever been to one of those countries? No thanks. Not being able to survive picking 5000 tomatoes before noon is actually quite high on the QOLI (Quality of Life Index). It's not like an Arc Welding career which comes c/w a framable wall certificate and has a dedicated HOF (Hall of Fame)

Last edited:
Oh god, no, please...anything but a Joe Bass Muk-Bang channel!!!
You'd be my first subscriber ?
Don't forget to complain endlessly about your job the entire time. ;)
I am well versed in this discipline
I found a leaked episode Joe Bass's Muk-Bang.

[video=youtube;nvlj1216B7k?t=26]https://youtu.be/nvlj1216B7k?t=26[/video]
That's funny ish ?

I tried watching a few - complete waste of time. Nothing education, informative, engaging or interesting. If I have a few free minutes there are nearly infinite ways I'd rather spend my time.

Same same.

I would think that only experienced riders should be doing these things, too. The scary part is a new rider, feeding wrong information/habits to other new riders further perpetuating their poor riding habits and styles.

I once watched a video by this "snowflake" idiot who complains endlessly about every driver on the road, yet when he came across a puddle of standing water (maybe a few inches deep), dude rode around it on the ****ing sidewalk... not slowly either! Vloggers are ridiculous.

I would like to work for a farmer for just a week to get the experience. Do you know anyone?

Back
Top Bottom