GoPro Motorcycle Chin Setup - For those who want to begin recording! | GTAMotorcycle.com

GoPro Motorcycle Chin Setup - For those who want to begin recording!

Canadian Rider

I made a video guide for people who want to start recording videos on their motorcycles and what I use for video, audio and everything in between. This setup gives you the ideal settings and hardware to have an enjoyable video and audio experience on your motorcycle. Recording your motorcycle journey is something many are doing now either for safety reasons, educational, insurance or for your own entertainment and I am always asked what is the best go to setup and wanted to share with the community here at GTAMC :)

Enjoy!

[video=youtube;5mq2EROR3NE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mq2EROR3NE[/video]

This is more or less my ideal version of a vlogger post

Great video. While I have no interest in moto vlogging I do like to record some of my touring and these tips are very helpful.

Thanks guys I hope it can help everyone out here that wants to start recording their motorcycle journeys !
Especially this day and age where everyone is about to kill you, having video is great protection for yourself in a way.

Last edited:
Not sure that I'd want a camera on my chin if I fell off.

thanks for the vid! defenetly going to save some pointers

I've been using a chesty mount for my personal vids. Though on my Virago it's a bit low, you can see how the windscreen support blocks the horizon.

chesty.jpg

I've tried mounting to the bike but can't find a location that isn't shaky. The jello effect is a bit annoying :)
Do you have any tips for isolation mounts? The drone guys seem to have some solutions that I'm going to try...

I mounted my GoPro Hero 2 that way, chin mount, external mic, micro USB to hardwired connection on bike. The micro USB wore out before long and now It's totally unusable.

It needed to be sheltered from the wind and vibrations, those connections just aren't very good at the best of times.

I mounted my GoPro Hero 2 that way, chin mount, external mic, micro USB to hardwired connection on bike. The micro USB wore out before long and now It's totally unusable.

It needed to be sheltered from the wind and vibrations, those connections just aren't very good at the best of times.

Odd never had a problem with the micro usb wearing out. Been riding with this setup for nearly 1 year now!

I just mounted a Sena prism tube camera to my helmet. It's a much lower profile camera than a go pro which is why I bought it and it has a very secure helmet mount similar to Sena communication systems. It's no frills, just on and off and no other controls but then again that's all I need. Comes with a mic and speaker for your helmet too as there are audible alerts. I just mounted the mic for voice overs. Best part is it's only $150 Canadian pesos.

I just mounted a Sena prism tube camera to my helmet. It's a much lower profile camera than a go pro which is why I bought it and it has a very secure helmet mount similar to Sena communication systems. It's no frills, just on and off and no other controls but then again that's all I need. Comes with a mic and speaker for your helmet too as there are audible alerts. I just mounted the mic for voice overs. Best part is it's only $150 Canadian pesos.

I agree a great no frills option, but lacks a lot of things the GoPro setup has. 1. 1080P 60FPS on the GoPro with Superview. 2. Ability to have a battery eliminator. 3. Better video sensor. etc. Though great for someone where these factors are less of a concern!

Odd never had a problem with the micro usb wearing out. Been riding with this setup for nearly 1 year now!
Mine failed within a year (repaired under warranty by GoPro) then I tried being more careful but it still didn't last as long as I expect my possessions to last.

Just a heads up. Those connections are known weak points wherever they're used.

I agree a great no frills option, but lacks a lot of things the GoPro setup has. 1. 1080P 60FPS on the GoPro with Superview. 2. Ability to have a battery eliminator. 3. Better video sensor. etc. Though great for someone where these factors are less of a concern!

We will see how I goes. It can Film and be charged at the same time. As long as you can read licence plates it'll be good for what I want.

Back
Top Bottom