GROM ebike knock-off | GTAMotorcycle.com

GROM ebike knock-off

BusaBob

Site Supporter
I test rode one today...and I gotta say, I liked it!
Quiet. Smooth acceleration (in a parking lot). Seemed to handle reasonably well at it's (limited) speed.
The EMMO Knight GTS. It looks just like a Grom.

Knight-GTS-matt-black-860.jpg

One of my coworkers has been looking at one like that, the place he looked had Ruckus clones too

Last edited:
they're about $3000, the same as an actual GROM unfortunately. I just cant justify spending that much on a knock-off ebike version of a GROM

Fixed my link twas broken.

Disclaimer: I do not know that company nor endorse them in any way, just a link with examples

they're about $3000, the same as an actual GROM unfortunately. I just cant justify spending that much on a knock-off ebike version of a GROM

the actual price of a Grom is $3,999 (currently), and the price of this ebike is around $2,690.

IT'S NOT THE SAME!

the actual price of a Grom is $3,999 (currently), and the price of this ebike is around $2,690.

IT'S NOT THE SAME!

ebike = no gas prices and no insurance to pay
no oil changes
lower maint and operating costs?

I wish the Grom was a little bigger/taller.

I am surprised they are not stolen more often considering how small they are.

Even better you can cruise the streets like a real motorbike, just with no plate. These guys are getting ballsy-er.

Buy an E-bike and you can hang out with all the DUIs in front of the Beer Store before it opens....:cool:

IT'S NOT THE SAME!

Honda.ca's website shows a new 2015 model Grom going for $3,399. The ebike Grom knock off I test rode was sticker priced at $3,100.

Same ball park, as far as I'm concerned.

This ebike is very heavy compared to other models. That's gonna hurt battery range.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Rode past one of those parked on Queen St in the Beach last night. I didn't look to close, but just thought some guy spend $$$ blinging out his Grom with the copper coloured accents. Looked pretty good.

That bike just seems like it would have a high heat score. Every cop you passed would pull you over to ask why your grom doesn't have plates.

Someone should market a stealth kit for a grom with stickers and a quiet muffler so they could pretend to be the knight GTS. Hell, if you want to be extra stealthy, install a front wheel motor so it is possible to drive on battery power for a short distance.

WTH? From the emmo website. "Your warranty is covered by the PDI. If you do not purchase the PDI, there is no Comprehensive Warranty Coverage—however, a 7-day Parts Warranty will be included." How much do they want for PDI? How many problems do they find on PDI that would justify such a retarded policy?

Last edited:
All bikes (bicycles and motorcycles alike) will be electric or some sort of alternate fuel type, in the far down future . Petrol isn't sustainable.

Now if only they could drive down the price of a Lightning LS-218, I'd jump right on one of those, but still keep my current bike since we don't have charging stations all across the map yet.

Last edited:
Even better you can cruise the streets like a real motorbike, just with no plate. These guys are getting ballsy-er.

There are no pedals on that thing, therefore it's not an ebike...in the eyes of the law it's an electric motorcycle, so all the usual rules apply including plates and insurance. It seems the dealers website is conveniently excluding those little details.

That bike just seems like it would have a high heat score. Every cop you passed would pull you over to ask why your grom doesn't have plates.

Police are going to pull these things over left right and center, and of course people will claim ignorance.

Back
Top Bottom