03 gsxr-600 rear suspension | GTAMotorcycle.com

03 gsxr-600 rear suspension

Moser

Hey I am looking for a rear race suspension for my 03 gsxr-600. I have been running on the OEM Stock suspension and spring. I'm not looking for anything new but something that can be rebuilt.

Anyone have something or know where I can find one?

Last edited:
Well your stock stuff can be rebuilt and possibly better sprung/setup for you if it's due for service.
Kijiji, wera, and the classifieds on here are a good place to find more expensive bits if you want to go that route.

I have a spare set of stock forks from my 2003 GSXR 1000. You can put appropriate springs and radial calipers on these and that should be a step up from what you have now if you're not looking to spend too much money

I have done a lot of research and spoke with the accelerated technology guys and they say that a stock suspension with upgraded valves and spring would only last about 6-8 laps and then it would start to fade anyways. That is why I need to move into a full race suspension.

A stock rear shock will provide the level of precision and adjustment you are likely looking for. If spending the money for a quality rear shock, it makes sense to balance the bike with the front end receiving springs, good oil, and a freshening up. If you have a bank roll to kill, front fork rebuild with valving and adjusters would round off a suspension upgrade without a full fork set replacement.

I've used Ohlins and Fox, and both work well, though I did love ohlins on my K2 GSXR 1000. Fox are sold out of RMR racing in BC, and should be significantly cheaper than a new ohlins. for Ohlins, that generation of GSXR uses the old (and good) S46 series shock, not the TTX. Not sure if the S46PR1C2LS for a K4-K5 will fit the K1-K3. Probably best to double check. Elka is another option, but if its only $1-200 more for Ohlins, get the better hardware.

Back
Top Bottom