Close call today | GTAMotorcycle.com

Close call today

Irocian

Site Supporter
While riding today on Kingston going eastbound with a green light as I got to woodbine Ave a suv decided to roll thru the red and make a right turn.

I give thanks to Fast riding school and racer 5 school for all I have learned about emergency stopping as I put all to good use today.

I honked my horn it's a 120 decibel and vehicle kept turning and just manged to swerve around front end with my exhaust side passenger peg ripping off her drivers side front bumper piece and another accent piece of her 2013 Acura suv.

I managed to keep bike upright to my amazement. Another rider was behind me and I thanked him for being a witness and also to another rider who was behind Acura stopped as well.

My damage a rear peg that's missing it's spring and is scratched and a small mark on my exhaust. Her suv at least $1000 maybe more.

Going to buy a lottery ticket tonight. Thanks to the 2 riders and ride safe out on those roads.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

So glad to hear that you're okay buddy. Good luck with the 6/49!
Police come out?

Sent from my custom Purple Joe Bass mobile on Tapatalk

Great to hear she got the worst of it. Too bad you couldn't give the SUV a few good kicks in the panels too. Make sure you have the bike completely checked out, see if you can get a few new parts out of it.

No police checked bike over just the foot peg not worth insurance claiming.

The fact that she will need new bumper and paint was more then enough for me to be happy

Reported it to accident reporting center

Reported it to accident reporting center

Glad you're alright. If you reported it to the CRC, I believe insurance will have a record of it. You may want to do some research just in case.

Talked to them said it was just to protect myself in case the other party claimed it was my fault.

Doesn't effect my insurnace

Talked to them said it was just to protect myself in case the other party claimed it was my fault.

Doesn't effect my insurnace

Why would you not claim it through your insurance? You are not at fault as you were going straight and the other person was making the turn. You can get all of the damaged parts replaced/fixed on your bike and you wouldn't be out a penny.

Makes no sense not to claim it.

No damage just small scratch on passenger foot peg

Glad you came out of it unscathed. I was almost hit twice yesterday by swerving vehicles coming into my lane. Been hit by a car once a few years back and came out undamaged as well.

Why would you not claim it through your insurance? You are not at fault as you were going straight and the other person was making the turn. You can get all of the damaged parts replaced/fixed on your bike and you wouldn't be out a penny.

Makes no sense not to claim it.

Deductible

I would wait until someone in the insurance business comments just to be sure.
If this, if that. Get it from an expert.

Correct me if I am wrong, but you are deemed 100% not-at-fault, then there is no deductible.

Correct. I've gone through this a few times with my parked bike knocked over downtown by another vehicle. Luckily a picture or video and witness with license plate details were available in all cases, despite the at-fault driver never leaving any information.

I reported it to the collision centre in the next day or two, and within a few weeks my insurance company confirmed that the deductible would be covered by the at-fault drivers' insurance company. My insurance premiums were not affected.

Ian it's a damn good thing you don't ride track, as it doesn't help you get comfy AT ALL in emergency braking/turning while braking/or braking then turning.

Glad you are safe my friend, I hope you win the lottery.

Last edited:
In a not at fault claim (other party responsible) there is indeed no deductible for the innocent party so long as it wasn't a hit and run...IE, the other persons insurance company must be involved.

If it's a hit and run then unfortunately even though you are not technically held at fault from a claim or insurance cost increase perspective, you do get stuck paying the deductible.

Yup riding track helped had to make moves sometime but race schools helped alot.

Caught passenger peg not near my foot

It just scrapped some of the peg and ripped her bumper off I'm still amazed I stayed up right

Ian it's a damn good thing you don't ride track, as it doesn't help you get comfy AT ALL in emergency braking/turning while braking/or braking then turning.

Glad you are safe my friend, I hope you win the lottery.
LOL yup ride track I haven't gotten comfy but learned a few ways to stay out of trouble but race schools helped way more

Back
Top Bottom