Newfoundland | GTAMotorcycle.com

Newfoundland

yarddawg

Leaving for Newfoundland labour day weekend from GTA. Anybody interested let me know. Expect some big days and a minimum of 10 days to complete the trip!

I did it in 9 days, went up to Labrador. Ferry from NS to NF ~8 hours. Ferry to QC from NF ~1-2 hours. Make sure you book your ferry BOTH WAYS, otherwise you might have the surprise to get stuck on the island. If you are going to St Johns, it is ~9 hours ride. If you take the afternoon ferry, book a hotel right in the port. The weather can be really nasty at times and it changes within a few minutes. Pay attention to the wolves and the moose, they are everywhere. The scenery is simply amazing. If you take the west coast, stop and eat in Rocky Harbor. The truckers are doing 120-140 around there. Gas is expensive, fill up before you need it, you might have the surprise to find some of the gas stations closed. If you stop to take pics and really enjoy the scenery, 10 days are no enough. Don't forget to do the Cabot trail in NS, it is totally worth it.

I left on the Monday before Labour day weekend. Took the ferry to Port a Bass on Tuesday night. Lunch at Woody's Point, near Rock Harbour...lol. Slept in Gander, onto St. John's for 2 nights. Saturday afternoon, jumped on the ferry in Argentia and landed in Sydney Sunday morning. Cabot trail to Inverness and spent the night. Left Inverness at 10am Monday, rode straight home landing Tuesday at 5 30am. Lots of pics, but I don't know how to post them.....I will work on it!!!!!
Very lucky, had no rain to speak of, but NFLD was cold riding. Get off the Trans Canada wherever possible as you find some really beautiful stuff. The old hwy 4 was a nice ride into Sydney!
Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom