How Long Can Economic Reality Be Ignored? | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

How Long Can Economic Reality Be Ignored?

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by PLau
The odds when I went in for my interviews for my current position was 500+ to 1, where I didn't go to school for the field I applied for. Sure, a bit of luck was involved, but being different from the other applicants is what makes you stand out of the hundreds seen. When speaking to HR the following year, they say it was mostly my personality and the way that I presented myself that got me the job (alongside a bit of experience).

So what you're saying is, it's not what you know but how you blow. Gotcha

[video=youtube;61g2-EVJ-mo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61g2-EVJ-mo[/video]

Last edited:
So what you're saying is, it's not what you know but how you blow. Gotcha

Part of it, yeah. Alongside of knowing what you're doing for the field you're applying for.

On a side note, yes, dressing mannequins is part of a separate job description/title in most retail stores being the choice of that person that is hired for it - along with normal sales responsibilities. Building a portfolio to see what you can do, rather than someone out of the blue saying they have many certifications from unknown schools..

lemme ask you, what is the question??

fundamentals are, are you payin' attention? or your usual yap yap

here's a hint

How Long Can Economic Reality Be Ignored?

If this question is targeted at me. Whoops, got a bit sidetracked from answering a quote.

Last edited:
uh oh

[video=youtube;6hkNuykz2RE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hkNuykz2RE[/video]

Hello all,
Thanks to everyone who commented. Some great comments here!

Re: the use of the term "Hitlery"
PCR typically doesn't always speak like this. He must have been in a mood, heheh...
He has, however, been very clear and consistent in his opinion of one Mrs. Clinton:

"The US presidential election this November will tell whether a majority of the US population is irredeemably stupid. If voters elect Hillary, we will know that Americans are stupid beyond redemption."

Can't say it any clearer than that! LoL Pretty well sums things up, too...

This is a very learned, experienced, knowledgeable and accomplished man speaking here - an expert.
PhD in Economics. University Professor. Author of multiple books.
Former Assistant Secretary of the United States Treasury. Former associate editor of the Wall Street Journal.
If he despises Hillary (and offers very good reasons) everyone should be paying attention.

Hello all,
Thanks to everyone who commented. Some great comments here!

Re: the use of the term "Hitlery"
PCR typically doesn't always speak like this. He must have been in a mood, heheh...
He has, however, been very clear and consistent in his opinion of one Mrs. Clinton:

"The US presidential election this November will tell whether a majority of the US population is irredeemably stupid. If voters elect Hillary, we will know that Americans are stupid beyond redemption."

Can't say it any clearer than that! LoL Pretty well sums things up, too...

This is a very learned, experienced, knowledgeable and accomplished man speaking here - an expert.
PhD in Economics. University Professor. Author of multiple books.
Former Assistant Secretary of the United States Treasury. Former associate editor of the Wall Street Journal.
If he despises Hillary (and offers very good reasons) everyone should be paying attention.

It kind of reminds me of our last provincial election. How could we let Wynne get re-elected?

Answer: The alternate was worse.

With the US situation, is it possible that the Republicans see an overwhelming disaster in the near future (Under four years) and they don't want to be at the helm when it happens?

Let the Democrats fumble the ball and the Republicans save the world in 2020.

It kind of reminds me of our last provincial election. How could we let Wynne get re-elected?

With the US situation, is it possible that the Republicans see an overwhelming disaster in the near future (Under four years) and they don't want to be at the helm when it happens?

we?? actually, majority vote rules

I think your all wrong about why the economy is bad and how to start repairing it.... in the last 10 or so yrs our manufacturing jobs have become almost non existing.. why you ask ,it's all because of the unions in North America. An average union wage is what $30 to $40 an hr. So company's close the doors and move to Mexico or even more so to India where the average wage is anywhere from $3 to $8 an hr... how can we compete...

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Maybe the union worker fancies a regular house without sewage in the front yard.

Even with out the union they can't compete. Seen working conditions over there? And I think they get paid $3-8 a day

It has to be a global economy, I think. No way around that, I'm pretty sure. It's all connected, more'an likely. Cheap labour's the way to go, I'm almost certain. Then the top 1% of Chinese, Indians, Mexicans can dump their money into and inflate our real estate. It's an over simplification but the details won't lessen the angst.

don't forget the ever present devaluation of our currency

don't forget the ever present devaluation of our currency

Charge more for goods and services. Over charge on the "as needed" basis when necessary.

Running with who?? Trump again?? .... LOL

Even with out the union they can't compete. Seen working conditions over there? And I think they get paid $3-8 a day

I don't think that necessary true.

Our company just moved the majority of their manufacturing jobs to BC, and the rest to upstate NY. I'm sure that had the option to go to China so there must have been a reason why they did not.

The question then becomes what can/did BC offer that Ontario cannot.

Meanwhile ...

I'm working overtime. It's been like this for a couple of years. I just finished today's paperwork about an hour ago. I still need to book flights, hotel, and rental car for an upcoming business trip.

From what I see at a good many of my customers ... Can't find enough millwrights. Can't find tool and die makers. Can't find enough industrial electricians. Can't find enough PLC programmers. Can't find enough robot technicians. (By "enough" I mean you can't find enough GOOD people.)

Anyone who knows how to build and fix stuff ought to be able to find work.

The article originally linked to is bogus; the author's own prejudice shows through in the first sentence.

I do not envy the choice that Americans will soon have to make.

I am curious, how much does your company pay a good PLC programmer? What about the other trades?

Most of the Siemens/Johnson on site guys I talk to are in the $20s.

Last edited:
I am curious, how much does your company pay a good PLC programmer? What about the other trades?

Most of the Siemens/Johnson on site guys I talk to are in the $20s.
That's on the very low side. I can make that with no educational background

Back
Top Bottom