How Long Can Economic Reality Be Ignored? | GTAMotorcycle.com

How Long Can Economic Reality Be Ignored?

Gryphon

I hope some (hopefully many) GTAMers are awake!
Because the insipid topics, the dopey Olympics and trivial nonsense dominating the chitter-chatter are really scaring me...

The repugnant stance of the presstitute Canadian mainstream media regarding Trump's candidacy is only one example - but it's a good one.
No matter what Trump says or does, the MSM has been given strict orders to spin it as a profound negative.
In the meantime Hillary has been let off the hook for one crime after another. Genocide, war crimes, crimes against humanity, first degree murder, grand theft on a grand scale, RICO violations, high treason, 9/11 government conspiracy, Oklahoma City bombing conspiracy, Waco Branch Davidian Compound firebombing conspiracy … the list goes on and on and on!
Clinton’s rap sheet is literally endless.

Meanwhile, the economy is in the toilet folks, faced with the most profound and grievous challenges in decades.
(And all because the American public authorities put the welfare of a handful of “banks too big to fail” above the welfare of the American people!)
What the American public - and by extension the Canadian public - are being fed is nothing but a steady stream of BOVINE EXCREMENT.
For a true and accurate grasp of the seriousness of the situation, read this:

http://www.paulcraigroberts.org/201...onomic-reality-be-ignored-paul-craig-roberts/

You can be fed whatever they want you to hear ... but anyone with elementary school education can figure out where is the real wind blowing for (thousands of sources/sites which make living out of reporting the "truth"). The question is what options does the public really have once they understand it? ... beside sitting elections out? Hoping that someone like Trump will miraculously fix (as he likes to claim) the mess?

Was curious; started reading and saw "Trump and Hitlery have come out with the obligatory..." At that point, I stopped reading. Why should I take the word of an obviously bitter, partisan hack that, three words into his own op-ed, somehow manages to lose with an epic Godwin's Law fumble?

Last edited:
Economy ain't that bad

duh! it's all about Pokeymon this month dude
get wid it

It doesn't matter what party, it's all fixed.
Until people start electing the right minded people at the grass roots level, then don't expect change at the top.

btw- How many of you know where Kathleen Wynn started? What was her first elected position...google it if you don't know.

duh! it's all about Pokeymon this month dude
get wid it

It doesn't matter what party, it's all fixed.
Until people start electing the right minded people at the grass roots level, then don't expect change at the top.

btw- How many of you know where Kathleen Wynn started? What was her first elected position...google it if you don't know.

School Trustee afaik, but what does that have to do with the price of bread?

I'm much more concerned with what's happening in Ontario and Canada then the crapshoot that is the American election. This province has been dragged into the mud by the liberals and nobody seems to care. Wynne will likely win another election due to the conservatives constantly being painted by the media as the "rich white old man vote" by focusing on fringe social issues instead of jobs and finances. Very few Ontarians have steady full-time jobs, and as 99CBRF4 pointed out the number continues to dwindle. Most people work 2-3 part times jobs every day or are "permanent temps", going and doing what used to be a full-time job but now for minimum wage without benefits, holidays or any job security. I know because I was in that world for years. All I expect out of Wynne is an increase in the price of everything and taxes which will be completely wasted.

I'm much more concerned with what's happening in Ontario and Canada then the crapshoot that is the American election. This province has been dragged into the mud by the liberals and nobody seems to care. Wynne will likely win another election due to the conservatives constantly being painted by the media as the "rich white old man vote" by focusing on fringe social issues instead of jobs and finances. Very few Ontarians have steady full-time jobs, and as 99CBRF4 pointed out the number continues to dwindle. Most people work 2-3 part times jobs every day or are "permanent temps", going and doing what used to be a full-time job but now for minimum wage without benefits, holidays or any job security. I know because I was in that world for years. All I expect out of Wynne is an increase in the price of everything and taxes which will be completely wasted.

Then it would seem more people care about social issues than jobs and financial issues.
It would help the Cons to:
1. change their name, branding...Conservative sounds 1950's.
2. get a proper leader, try a female since the other parties have female leaders now
3. stop preaching bible politics and move to kitchen table politics

I'm pretty sure the 71,000 Canadians that lost their full time jobs in July would disagree with you.
Maybe I missed that one, but I was job hunting recently & I was pretty picky. I got a higher paying permanent job. Better pay, better conditions

I'm pretty sure the 71,000 Canadians that lost their full time jobs in July would disagree with you.

If you read beyond the headlines you'd have noticed the part about a huge number of those being a result of the completion of the census. Those were temporary, albeit fulltime jobs that were part of the numbers, so yeah, it was a big hit all at once, but it's not indicative of the bigger picture.

My work is on the verge of hiring (and I see signs of a recovery in freight volumes, it IS getting busier), my son just got an entry level job in his chosen trade after coming out of college, and the bigger picture is looking better.

Yeah, the leadership in Ontario however can't seem to see beyond tomorrow, and as someone who routinely looks at the long game when it comes to financial matters, I can't see this foolishness not coming back to bite us at some point in the decades ahead.

Got proof of these claims?

It will stay this way for as long as the Liberals are in power in Canada. Turdo is the press fave and they just can't get enough of him. All I ever see is fluff and puff stories about him. What was the latest? Crashing a wedding with no shirt on? Stupid.

Canada's exports have fallen into an abysmal pit over the last year. Our trade deficit with the U.S. is monstrous. The money deficit is even bigger. If anyone should be cancelling NAFTA it's Canada. But what are we hearing? Olympic BS, Trump hate, and Tardo with no shirt. That's the "depth" of the lazy and stupid Canadian news media.

Meanwhile ...

I'm working overtime. It's been like this for a couple of years. I just finished today's paperwork about an hour ago. I still need to book flights, hotel, and rental car for an upcoming business trip.

From what I see at a good many of my customers ... Can't find enough millwrights. Can't find tool and die makers. Can't find enough industrial electricians. Can't find enough PLC programmers. Can't find enough robot technicians. (By "enough" I mean you can't find enough GOOD people.)

Anyone who knows how to build and fix stuff ought to be able to find work.

The article originally linked to is bogus; the author's own prejudice shows through in the first sentence.

I do not envy the choice that Americans will soon have to make.

I can't find nearly enough good employees and have more work than we can handle. Like Brian said if you want to work with your hands there is a huge glut of work and no reason whatsoever to be unemployed.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Got proof of these claims?

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/5611218-ontario-employers-cashing-in-on-temporary-workers/

Maybe I can dig out my old pay stubs if you want more proof. This is what the labour market is now. You go in as a temp, but stay that way for years. Working 40-60 hour weeks for almost minimum wage, but right beside someone full-time doing the EXACT same job. However they're being paid 3x as much because they started before Dalton-Wynne when companies actually had to hire people. My current employer does this. Yes I got in, but it still bothers me that they string temps along with the promise of future jobs that won't happen.

Last edited:
It will stay this way for as long as the Liberals are in power in Canada..

Can you separate the provincial and federal liberals, or are you one of those who can't see beyond party lines and paint everyone with the same brush?

I have little use for the current Liberal provincial leadership and would be willing to see them shown the door any day. I am however still willing to give the Federal Liberals a shot and was overjoyed to see Harper shown the door. I reserve the right to change my mind in a year or so if Trudeau proves himself unworthy of the job, but I'm also not going to discount him simply because the media choses to do "puff" stories (as you describe it) on him, or that he was accidentally caught in a photo. If you're basing YOUR decisions on those things then you're not seeing the bigger picture, or more likely, are not willing to see across provincial vs federal lines, having already made up your mind the second he even came into the picture simply because he's a liberal, and all liberals = bad...right?

And anyone who uses childish names to describe politicians as part of a political discussion instantly loses credibility in my books...this isn't grade 5.

Also, facts....FACTS. Base your opinions on them! Read beyond the headlines. Don't assume everything you read online is factual and automatically run with it, especially if the website you're getting them from exists solely to the benefit of one side of the story vs the other. Always use critical thinking and look for the other side of the story. If you're not doing all the above...often you'll find that what you've based your decisions on isn't actually factual!

Back
Top Bottom