Non-parking zone | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Non-parking zone

I just wish people would stop thinking the hashed off area beside handicapped spots was for bikes to park. That spot is for the handicap ramp yet it's probably one of the most common places I see motorcycles parked.

Agreed. Park anywhere else, I don't care; Stay away from the disabled parking area.

I just wish people would stop thinking the hashed off area beside handicapped spots was for bikes to park. That spot is for the handicap ramp yet it's probably one of the most common places I see motorcycles parked.

Those hashed areas aren't always next to handicap spots. They often demarc the end of a lane where there wasn't room to paint another full parking spot.

Those hashed areas aren't always next to handicap spots. They often demarc the end of a lane where there wasn't room to paint another full parking spot.
Agreed. Hashed marks not beside the handicap spots are generally OK.

I wouldn't rely on that to save you from a tow or ticket. If the attendant you speak to goes on break or finishes his/her shift, your done. Sure you could go back to the owner of the property and ask them to cover your costs saying you got permission from the attendant, but do you think the attendant is going to risk their job for you or cost their boss money?

Best option is to not park on a sidewalk, adjacent to a private or public lot. I seen a Bylaw officer writing tickets to bikes parked on the sidewalk near the bicycle parking area in front of a local Walmart, the sidewalk was plenty wide and the bikes were not obstructing anything. Obviously the plaza owners have "authorized" parking enforcement to patrol the lot, (they were also walking and checking every vehicle in the handicapped spots).

If youre parking in a lot with an attendant, ask them if you can park on the sidewalks or in the "no parking zones" if you really feel the need to be different. Otherwise just park in a spot like everyone else. If you park on the sidewalk you will eventually get towed, along with a fat ticket. Dont do it.

Agreed. Hashed marks not beside the handicap spots are generally OK.
They're usually to allow room for someone to back out, longer/wider vehicles to turn corners, and or pedestrian walkways. Like I said before, if they didn't need to expressly say don't park here, they wouldn't waste the paint. If you're really protective, just walk it into the lobby and leave it by the security desk.

I think this is boiling down to: are you a rule follower, a rule breaker or a rule bender? To each his own. And if you're a rule "enforcer"... I hope we never meet ;)

I think this is boiling down to: are you a rule follower, a rule breaker or a rule bender? To each his own. And if you're a rule "enforcer"... I hope we never meet ;)

Nah, I just know people who pretend it's their bike and offer to let people sit on it. Makes me more cautious about doing stupid stuff, like parking illegally. Besides the rule enforcers will be working there, and having it towed.

They are not gonna get ticket there... technically, its not a green P, so.. its Private property where they are parked, off the public sidewalk. And since they are not parked in parking lot, the blue P guys cant give them their tickets.

The only thing that can happen is that the owner of that property can call and tow the bikes.
they can do what they want ,it will be on you to prove innocence.

Back
Top Bottom