Insurance Questions- 25 Years Old, G2/M2 have had M2 for 6 Months PLEASE READ! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Insurance Questions- 25 Years Old, G2/M2 have had M2 for 6 Months PLEASE READ!

Bordsy750

Hey guys! just started here on this site. Ive heard lots about this site and Im glad I joined.

Im sorry If I come off ignorant to the whole insurance situation..but heres my situation/Questions.

Im 25 years old, I have my G2 (8 years, dont ask lol accidentally let it expire due to family issues and my personal mail) & M2, Ive had my M2 for 6 months. I also did complete a riding course at Fanshawe College here in London,Ont. I also reside in London, Ontario. I just bought a bike without even checking for insurance prices (stupid I know but it was a steal of a deal and its the bike ive wanted). I bought a 2009 GSXR 750 (749cc) Sport Bike with 9000km's. My question is, what will my insurance be roughly? ALSO - I have 2 cars and a house that I can also bundle together if need be. I know to give me an exact answer itll be hard/impossible. but just a ROUGH estimate would be great. ONE MORE THING! Who is known to be fairly cheap for insurance? Ive heard State Farm, Riders Plus, TD Mennox. What should I do so I dont get raped with 6-9000$ insurance rates per year. HOWEVER, I am fine with paying around 400$ a month (If I absolutely have too). Thank you so much, I really hope I dont sound stupid. Worst comes to worst - I can resell the bike, only reason I bought it was the deal and that Ive heard, that 750-600cc bikes are in the same tax bracket. Thanks so much guys. honestly.

Age - 25,
Gender - Male,
G2 -8 years
M2 - 6 months
Riding Course - Yes
What I have to add to insurance Bundle -2 cars & House.
Where I live - Ontario, London

Bike - 2009 GSXR 750 - 9000km's - completely stock.

I just bought a bike without even checking for insurance prices (stupid I know but it was a steal of a deal and its the bike ive wanted).

Yes, it wasn't the greatest decision.

GSXR is not a beginner motorcycle. The insurance companies know this and will bend you over. There will be no "cheap" option...there will be "expensive", "equally expensive", and perhaps if you're lucky "slightly less but still expensive".

On the positive side you have the safety course, being over 25, and living outside the GTA, but the bike will still cost you dearly because it's a SS.

In the end, why waste your time asking for guesses from members here when real numbers are only a few phone calls away? Add Dalton Timmis to your list as well. Look at the stickies here in the insurance forum as well, they have some decent (if not increasingly outdated) info.

Keep in mind that while your $400/month idea sounds OK in the summer months when you're actually out enjoying the bike, come November, December, January, February and March when the bike is sitting idle and you're still paying that $400/month it may not seem like such a great decision anymore. ;)

Last edited:
Call these people, if you can't get a good rate it doesn't exist. Start with Mellisa Jones and Vinnie Narace as they are probably the best bet.

· Drivers First, part of Arthur J. Gallagher Canada Limited (Melissa Jones) – 905-366-3873 or email Melissa.Jones@cgbgroup.com
· Dalton Timmis (Andy Singh) - Email andys@daltontimmis.com or phone 905-633-9019
· All State (Vinnie Narace) – 226-270-6567
· Surnet Insurance (Paul South) – 1-866-607-6168 or email psouth@surnet.net
· Riders Plus – 1-877-251-4504
· Cornerstone Insurance(Carlos Vincent ) - 1-800-263-2369 or 705-722-8377 ext: 167 & email - cvincent@csib.org
· John R. Duffy Insurance Brokers Limited – 1-866-383-3957
· State Farm (Seamus Kelly)- 905-383-6787
· TD MM Insurance – 1-800-338-0218

"My question is, what will my insurance be roughly?": I never understand these threads. Why are you asking us what your rates might be? You've already got two cars and a house so you must already have insurance and thus a broker or agent. Why not just call and ask them??

If you don't like the numbers you hear from your broker/agent, read Bradsma's post.

FWIW, I think you'll be lucky to find a company that will even accept a 25-yo noob on a GSX-R750; they may explicitly say they don't offer coverage or they may try to be polite about it and ask $10,000/yr which is their way of saying "we don't want your business..." However, if you've already got cars and a house with your current company they may cut you some slack. Ask them.

You ever stop and think I'm asking you because my company I insure my auto and house with DONT offer motorcycle insurance? Do you think I'm actually that retarded? I'm with Belaire and they don't offer it at all. I haven't been around this scene as you can tell. An you have been, I'm just asking for a little input. That's all. But thanks for your advice. I am listening/reading all of these and taking them in. I've contacted Vinnie and he's going to pull some strings.

Am I missing something funny? You guys have all done this and have been here before. I'm new to motorcycle insurance and such. I've driven an R6 for a summer illegally but that doesn't help me in the experience department. I'm just genuinely looking for advice.

Call these people, if you can't get a good rate it doesn't exist. Start with Mellisa Jones and Vinnie Narace as they are probably the best bet.

· Drivers First, part of Arthur J. Gallagher Canada Limited (Melissa Jones) – 905-366-3873 or email Melissa.Jones@cgbgroup.com
· Dalton Timmis (Andy Singh) - Email andys@daltontimmis.com or phone 905-633-9019
· All State (Vinnie Narace) – 226-270-6567
· Surnet Insurance (Paul South) – 1-866-607-6168 or email psouth@surnet.net
· Riders Plus – 1-877-251-4504
· Cornerstone Insurance(Carlos Vincent ) - 1-800-263-2369 or 705-722-8377 ext: 167 & email - cvincent@csib.org
· John R. Duffy Insurance Brokers Limited – 1-866-383-3957
· State Farm (Seamus Kelly)- 905-383-6787
· TD MM Insurance – 1-800-338-0218

thank you so much! This helped me. I've called two the names already before I had to work. Vinnie is actually helping me a lot through this. Thanks again.

Yes, it wasn't the greatest decision.

GSXR is not a beginner motorcycle. The insurance companies know this and will bend you over. There will be no "cheap" option...there will be "expensive", "equally expensive", and perhaps if you're lucky "slightly less but still expensive".

On the positive side you have the safety course, being over 25, and living outside the GTA, but the bike will still cost you dearly because it's a SS.

In the end, why waste your time asking for guesses from members here when real numbers are only a few phone calls away? Add Dalton Timmis to your list as well. Look at the stickies here in the insurance forum as well, they have some decent (if not increasingly outdated) info.

Keep in mind that while your $400/month idea sounds OK in the summer months when you're actually out enjoying the bike, come November, December, January, February and March when the bike is sitting idle and you're still paying that $400/month it may not seem like such a great decision anymore. ;)

strongly appreciate your help with this and your honesty. I'll keep you all posted with how this pans out. It'll hurt for the first bit. But I've worked my *** off for a bike and no price will stop me. Well 600$/month would LOL. Cheers!

Am I missing something funny? You guys have all done this and have been here before. I'm new to motorcycle insurance and such. I've driven an R6 for a summer illegally but that doesn't help me in the experience department. I'm just genuinely looking for advice.

Ohhh yes and statements like this are going to help you in getting insurance....

I've driven an R6 for a summer illegally but that doesn't help me in the experience department. I'm just genuinely looking for advice.

Statements like this is what drives your insurance rates up.

Anyway, the first year of being insured will be the most expensive, it will come down gradually over the years as long as you don't get caught doing anything illegal.

Ok...I was holding off on getting popcorn...but I'm going to go grab some now....

I wonder if the OP has any tickets or accidents he wants to mention as well on a public forum. Guessing he didn't ride that R6 illegally just to do the speed limit...

Some of the very insurance brokers you might be calling are actually on this forum, just so ya know.

In other words, think before you type.

Ok...I was holding off on getting popcorn...but I'm going to go grab some now....

I wonder if the OP has any tickets or accidents he wants to mention as well on a public forum. Guessing he didn't ride that R6 illegally just to do the speed limit...

LOL easy guys.

Last edited:
You guys dont even know who I am. I can say whatever I want on here, think this is going to hurt my insurance? get real..

Bahahaha.. Yeah, you new to the internet? You've given more than enough information for an insurance company or LEO to pinpoint you in short order. Insurance companies have people that scour social media and other online sources for this very sort of thing.

And Vinnie, the very guy who is going to 'pull some strings' for you is on this forum, do you really think he can't connect the dots? To suggest it won't potentially hurt you is incredibly naive - he may be suddenly less interested in your business, for example.

All that said, kudos for going above-board this time around and actually getting proper insurance, but I think you'll find most people here will stand by their suggestion to be careful what you post online when it comes to these sorts of things.

You ever stop and think I'm asking you...

Yup, which is why I also wrote "If you don't like the numbers you hear from your broker/agent, read Bradsma's post." and why I also wrote "...I think you'll be lucky to find a company that will even accept a 25-yo noob on a GSX-R750; they may explicitly say they don't offer coverage..." I didn't exclude your existing insurance company, did I.

The fact is in order to know what you're going to pay for insurance you need to talk to people in the insurance industry, not get a bunch of anecdotal numbers from strangers on the internet.

Good luck.

Sadly no way in this scenario other then dropping your pants, lubing up and taking it deep until 1 year of riding experience. I know, I am in the same situation you are in.

Well fella's I got emailed back and then had a phone call with a broker from Dalton Timmis. And I am excited!!

heres the run down...

If I wait until october when I turn 25. This is the plan I was presented. & I have pictures to prove it if no one believes me. So again, if I wait till october when I'm 25 and have my M2 & I bundle my truck. I was offered 1804$/year for my truck & 1160$/year for the 750cc GSXR. totalling 2,964$/year which is 247$/Month. Thats the best one I found, that also doesn't include my other vehicle or house which he said would drop it another 2-300$. I can't thank you all enough for the help. Im not getting as bent over as I thought. If anyone is interested in who it was it was Kyle Brown from Dalton Timmis. The guy is incredible and worked so fast. They had all my information and driving history and saw my payments have never been late etc with my vehicles. SO hopefully I can ride a week or 2 in october before she's too cold! Thanks so much guys!!! I AM EXCITED!!!

Sadly no way in this scenario other then dropping your pants, lubing up and taking it deep until 1 year of riding experience. I know, I am in the same situation you are in.

There is a way... Just get a more insurance-friendly bike for the first year, and you'll likely be paying less for the bike + insurance than the cost of a year of insurance on the gsxr750.

Well fella's I got emailed back and then had a phone call with a broker from Dalton Timmis. And I am excited!!

heres the run down...

If I wait until october when I turn 25. This is the plan I was presented. & I have pictures to prove it if no one believes me. So again, if I wait till october when I'm 25 and have my M2 & I bundle my truck. I was offered 1804$/year for my truck & 1160$/year for the 750cc GSXR. totalling 2,964$/year which is 247$/Month. Thats the best one I found, that also doesn't include my other vehicle or house which he said would drop it another 2-300$. I can't thank you all enough for the help. Im not getting as bent over as I thought. If anyone is interested in who it was it was Kyle Brown from Dalton Timmis. The guy is incredible and worked so fast. They had all my information and driving history and saw my payments have never been late etc with my vehicles. SO hopefully I can ride a week or 2 in october before she's too cold! Thanks so much guys!!! I AM EXCITED!!!

25 is where the big insurance drop is at ;)

You can probably get a month of casual riding in during Oct. Only usually dips below 10 degrees in the afternoon early Dec.

Also, remember to follow up with a quote closer to Oct as the quote is usually only honored for 2 weeks (from what I remember).
A lot can change....

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom