Lane Splitting going real real bad | GTAMotorcycle.com

Lane Splitting going real real bad

You can't fix stupid!

I think I've seen this one, rider is a 16 year old kid, bike has no insurance not registered. Kinda feel bad for him.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I think I've seen this one, rider is a 16 year old kid, bike has no insurance not registered. Kinda feel bad for him.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I remember reading something way back that the kid didn't have a license either...

Just another kid riding like they're in a game.

I support lane splitting........to a red light...doing maybe 20km/h.

But splitting at 140km/h in traffic on city streets is stupid. This is why they wont approve it here. The law makers think this will happen.

I support lane splitting........to a red light...doing maybe 20km/h.

But splitting at 140km/h in traffic on city streets is stupid. This is why they wont approve it here. The law makers think this will happen.
I agree. I don't filter unless I'm boiling hot to the point of nearly passing out, and I only do it around 10-15kph in stopped traffic (IE that 500m stretch on the 404 where it turns into to the DVP). I also think it's safer for bikes to filter to the front of a red light. I was sitting stopped behind a few cars the other day and a van behind me wasn't paying attention and locked it's brakes up to stop in time. If I were filtered, I would have been almost completely safe in that situation. Really requires a lot of concentration to split though, eyes constantly looking for people doing shoulder checks, signals, wheels turning, cops, etc.

Back
Top Bottom