Any Arborists on here? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any Arborists on here?

Jenerator

Older than dirt.
Site Supporter
We have been ordered by the City of Toronto to cut down a large, dead tree at the rear of the yard by the end of August. Power lines are also close to it. Please PM me if you can have a look and give a quote for the job. Thanks!

You pay people for that.?

I'm a certified utility arborist. Send me some pics, and I'll give you a ball park figure with a couple options. I'll PM you my cell #

release the termites

funny how the city makes you pay for the trees yet you need their permission to cut down trees on your property
did they get your permission before they removed the trees in your area?

It's a dead tree that can wreak havoc, they should come and remove the tree...

release the termites

funny how the city makes you pay for the trees yet you need their permission to cut down trees on your property
did they get your permission before they removed the trees in your area?

It's a dead tree that can wreak havoc, they should come and remove the tree...
funny how it works ��.

Contact Toronto Hydro and speak with them first.

Some utilities offer to "top" the tree (remove everything within and above the 'limits of approach') which makes removal much easier.

If Toronto Hydro doesn't, ask them for "qualified arborists who are approved for working around Toronto Hydro lines and are eligible for obtaining 'hold-offs'"

You can search for arborist using the International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) website:
http://www.isa-arbor.com/findanarborist/findanarborist.aspx

These companies have utility arborists and work for utilities in the GTA (alphabetically listing):
Asplundh Canada
Davey Tree Services
Ontario Line Clearing

If you have any specific questions or would like to discuss things, feel free to PM me. I work for a different electrical distributor, but tree trimming (cycle & spot) is one of the programs I manage.

Edit: I'm going to guess you have a White Ash tree that's been infested by Emerald Ash Borer?

I don't know the details but a neighbour behind us had a similar height tree taken down a year ago and it took two days and IIRC about two grand.

This year a neighbour across the street had a slightly larger tree taken down in a half day. It was in his front yard and leaning away from his house.

Details, details.

Contact Toronto Hydro and speak with them first.

Some utilities offer to "top" the tree (remove everything within and above the 'limits of approach') which makes removal much easier.

If Toronto Hydro doesn't, ask them for "qualified arborists who are approved for working around Toronto Hydro lines and are eligible for obtaining 'hold-offs'"

You can search for arborist using the International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) website:
http://www.isa-arbor.com/findanarborist/findanarborist.aspx

These companies have utility arborists and work for utilities in the GTA (alphabetically listing):
Asplundh Canada
Davey Tree Services
Ontario Line Clearing

If you have any specific questions or would like to discuss things, feel free to PM me. I work for a different electrical distributor, but tree trimming (cycle & spot) is one of the programs I manage.

Edit: I'm going to guess you have a White Ash tree that's been infested by Emerald Ash Borer?

The chance of getting Toronto Hydro to help, is very slim. If the tree is accessible from a bucket truck, they might help this century, but doubtful. My understanding is the tree needs to be down quite soon.

I'd be more inclined to go with a more locally respected tree company, as apposed to Asplundh or Davey. It's my experience, that both companies have a habit of pumping out poorly trained arborists, and putting them in situations they aren't ready for. A disaster recipe with hydro near by.

A hold off may or may not be necessary. It'll depend on the proximity of the lines to the tree. A hold off is for hydro equipment protection only, not for protecting personnel.

Most importantly, hire someone who's well trained, and insured. I know plenty of very intelligent, respected arborists, who've never touched a chainsaw, or climbed a tree. Field experience in this industry, far out weighs book smarts.

Food for thought.

Holy thread revival Tom. Welcome to the board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom