Overheating | GTAMotorcycle.com

Overheating

Evol

Site Supporter
Model: 2012 Kawsaki ZX6R

Problem: When I was out yesterday sitting in traffic (stop and go), I noticed the temperature gauge doing something different from the norm. Normally, my bike would go up to 200 degrees Fahrenheit and just stop there, but for the first time I've seen it go past that, and continue to climb.....and climb.....and climb. Once it hit around 245 degrees Fahrenheit or so the numbers started blinking, then there were no more numbers to display it just said "HI" and kept blinking.

Can anyone tell me what might be the problem? The coolant levels seem to be fine. I started up the season in June and haven't had this problem until now.

I'm guessing the cooling fans aren't working? My friends and I googled it up, and one result said something about the radiator cap could be off...

If the engine operates at a normal temperature when rolling down the road, you can rule out water pump and thermostat related issues.

Next suspect is cooling fan. Check whether it switches on at a normal temperature (100ish C).

If the cooling fan does not operate, the culprit could be the fan itself, or the thermoswitch, or the relay (if present), or wiring.

If the cooling fan works, replace the radiator cap and top up the fluid level in the radiator when doing so. It isn't worth troubleshooting whether the radiator cap works, just replace it with a new one.

check fuses , relay , temp switch , and fan . If it was the cap , it would have been pissing out coolant into the overflow and eventually on the ground .

Back
Top Bottom