Well it started out as a good weekend. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Well it started out as a good weekend.

LWTRacer

Rolled into Shannonville Friday night, and dropped the 2 TUBracing bikes off. On saturday morning, I missed the first practice, as I was getting a new set of tires put on the bike. Finally took off the 10 race weekend old Michelins.

Went out in Practice #2 and started to get used to the tires, and wow, they felt amazing. Combined with the new Racetech front end. The bike was planted.

The GSXR motor is flawless, and now has no fueling errors with the full rebuild of the carbs.

I quickly get down to the 2:10-2:11s While knowing I can go faster.

Heat race is called and I line up in pit lane, bike is feeling good. On the warm up lap going into the carousel...I dig a peg. Not a big deal (or so I thought)

I grid up at the back in 14th. Lights come on, revs up. Launch...and I get a great launch into 1. I am in 2nd, I get a great drive to #2 and take the lead.

Into 3, the bike is feeling great, into the carousel 4a is fine, 4b is going fine...as I get back on the gas and put all my weight on my inner peg to up shift....my foot peg snaps right off....which hugely upsets the bike, and the rear comes around and I try and save it with a handful of gas...but its too late...me and the bike go sliding off from 1st into the weed.

I apparently avoided getting hit by a few riders behind me. Which is nice, thanks to them for not hitting me.

Broken clip on, broken clutch lever, rear set snapped off and sadly....left side crank case cover is rashed right through.

I made a valiant effort to try and plug the hole, with silicone goop and JBweld...but sadly it was in vein. The moment I torqued the side cover bolts down it cracked the JBweld and my weekend was over.

Rolled into Shannonville Friday night, and dropped the 2 TUBracing bikes off. On saturday morning, I missed the first practice, as I was getting a new set of tires put on the bike. Finally took off the 10 race weekend old Michelins.

Went out in Practice #2 and started to get used to the tires, and wow, they felt amazing. Combined with the new Racetech front end. The bike was planted.

The GSXR motor is flawless, and now has no fueling errors with the full rebuild of the carbs.

I quickly get down to the 2:10-2:11s While knowing I can go faster.

Heat race is called and I line up in pit lane, bike is feeling good. On the warm up lap going into the carousel...I dig a peg. Not a big deal (or so I thought)

I grid up at the back in 14th. Lights come on, revs up. Launch...and I get a great launch into 1. I am in 2nd, I get a great drive to #2 and take the lead.

Into 3, the bike is feeling great, into the carousel 4a is fine, 4b is going fine...as I get back on the gas and put all my weight on my inner peg to up shift....my foot peg snaps right off....which hugely upsets the bike, and the rear comes around and I try and save it with a handful of gas...but its too late...me and the bike go sliding off from 1st into the weed.

I apparently avoided getting hit by a few riders behind me. Which is nice, thanks to them for not hitting me.

Broken clip on, broken clutch lever, rear set snapped off and sadly....left side crank case cover is rashed right through.

I made a valiant effort to try and plug the hole, with silicone goop and JBweld...but sadly it was in vein. The moment I torqued the side cover bolts down it cracked the JBweld and my weekend was over.

sounds like you're uninjured. numero uno. how did tub 2 do ?

Your the man don't give it a second thought, sh*t happens you went all out, that's what's important

Back
Top Bottom