Sena 20s and earbuds question | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Sena 20s and earbuds question

Another problem I had that I forgot to mention is that when I plug my headphones in to use for the Sena 20s it was unbelievably loud. Especially since mine were in ear headphones. I tried to lower the volume but the sound didn't even go down it would just mute it which would tell me I was at the lowest I could go. Once I took out the headphones and sound came out of speakers I could make the sound lower. Super weird and confused... lol

I have the 20S. I'm using it with my old Etymotics in-ear earphones. The external speakers disconnect from the 20S and there is a supplied plug that is inserted in the speaker socket to seal it from the elements. I can still hear traffic with the Etymotics, it's not complete isolation, plus there is an ambient mode on the Sena if needed.

So u disconnected the speakers and just plugged in your headphones? Does radio still work?

Everything works. You are merely substituting earphones for speakers. Are you running the latest firmware on the Sena?

I ordered custom made earplugs from this vendor last year at the Bike show. The earphones are high quality Sennheiser with a custom molded plug permanently glued on. Noise reduction exceeds anything you will get from a foam plug. Due to the reduced wind noise, (and quality earphone) the sound quality is excellent, including deep bass. Certainly not the cheapest solution, but I suspect nothing come close in performance.

http://nulifehearing.com/audio-communication/specialty/

I have no attachment to the vendor. Just passing along what I have found to be an excellent product.

Back
Top Bottom