Fore! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Fore!

Wingboy

Site Supporter
This morning is the third time a golfer has come close to hitting me with an errant tee shot as i rode by the golf course.Today was the closest by far.I heard the ball whiz by my right ear and bounce off the pavement beside me at about 60kph.I saw the four golfers standing on the tee about 100m ahaead of me.All were looking right at me.Duuuuh...wave your arms or something ffs.Anyone else ever have a close call?

I was riding on DVP south, between York Mills and Lawrence one morning last month. I saw a golf ball come down from high, bounced on the road way, just missing a Mercedes ahead, then into the median.

i think there's a golf course on the West side, just North of Lawrence...

I was riding on DVP south, between York Mills and Lawrence one morning last month. I saw a golf ball come down from high, bounced on the road way, just missing a Mercedes ahead, then into the median.

i think there's a golf course on the West side, just North of Lawrence...

Theres two in that area.... the one you encountered the ball from was the Donalda Club.... Runs from yorkmills down to lawrence... They have 2 holes that run parallel to the DVP with only one row of trees separating them from the road. The other one is at eglington.... but if you had a ball come from there they were trying to hit you lol

This morning is the third time a golfer has come close to hitting me with an errant tee shot as i rode by the golf course.Today was the closest by far.I heard the ball whiz by my right ear and bounce off the pavement beside me at about 60kph.I saw the four golfers standing on the tee about 100m ahaead of me.All were looking right at me.Duuuuh...wave your arms or something ffs.Anyone else ever have a close call?

The traditional warning for an errant golf shot is to yell "Fore!", (apparently you knew that from the thread title :D)

Maybe you just didn't hear them ? :D

Where were your riding ?

Albion road / Elmhurst (Humber Valley hole #2) is quite a common "target". I launched one (inadvertently) off that tee / down the road last year. I "winced" and waited for the sound of a multi-car pile up / screeching tires, but fortunately that didn't happen :D There are large trees down the right side of the hole which obscures the view of the road (and supposedly offers some protection from errant shots? I thought there was also a net down that side, but maybe not.

Last edited:
Southbound on Shantz Station Rd at Merry Hill GC.We live in Waterloo.He might have yelled.

I too have launched a ball onto the road at Humber Valley.

And Caledon Golf course.

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom