Costs other than the cost of the bike itself | GTAMotorcycle.com

Costs other than the cost of the bike itself

Hi guys, I just had a question. I'm new to bikes, so I wanted to know what other costs do I need to integrate into my budget other than the cost of the bike itself, if I'm buying a second hand bike. I know about taxes and the license plates, is there anything else? Also how much do they charge for taxes, plates and other costs before I can take the bike out on the road. I'm planning on getting my first bike for around 3000 (just the hike itself)

Thanks in advance

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Insurance will be your next biggest cost so better get a quote

Taxes are calculated on the amount that you paid

You will also have to get a safety done

If you haven't bought gear.... Allocate some money towards it

And money required for bike maintenance..... Oil changes.. Chain cleaning.... Brake fluid flush

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Insurance will be your next biggest cost so better get a quote

Taxes are calculated on the amount that you paid

You will also have to get a safety done

If you haven't bought gear.... Allocate some money towards it

And money required for bike maintenance..... Oil changes.. Chain cleaning.... Brake fluid flush

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Also if you don't know in depth about bikes then tack on the cost of a good mechanic to go over with you and check out the bike you want to buy. And perhaps transport to get the bike from the sellers place to yours.

Bike itself
Taxes
Plates
Insurance
Helmet
Helmet visor
Gloves
Jacket
Pants
Boots
Rear stand and spools
Front stand
Chain lube
Some basic tools if you don't have any

Insurance, insurance, and insurance.

Too many go out and buy a bike they can afford, but then find out insurance will cost them 2-5x what they paid for the bike, especially if it a a sportsbike that is over 599cc and the rider is under 25. Two things happen then...they either sell the bike, or play the 'I think I can ride without insurance' game until they get caught and are screwed for life. ALWAYS figure out insurance cost before buying any bike, or even car, for that matter.

Outside of that and the bike, of course there is proper gear (personally I'd say at a minimum a good helmet, jacket, gloves, and boots...if not a lot more including pants, knee armour, back armour, etc, etc), maintenance like chain lube, oil and filter changes, tools, potentially a rear stand to make your life easier. Then there are tires, any modifications you wish to make to the bike (eg. levers, spools, frame sliders, fender eliminators, windscreen, etc).

Arguably at the end of the day, the bike might be the cheapest part...once you tally everything else up.

Last edited:
Condoms. What ever you're spending on them now it will increase by %800...cause you're gonna get laaaaaid.
** results may vary

On a serious note, if you really take to riding, budget for at least a 2nd set of tires in your first season. I went through 2.5 sets in my first (partially used ones that came with the bike plus 2 new ones) doing a bit over 25,000km in my first year.

Front and rear stand isn't really needed.

Back
Top Bottom