Southwood Rd (13) Gravenhurst Today, anyone want to join? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Southwood Rd (13) Gravenhurst Today, anyone want to join?

JP0160

Gonna head up and down Southwood Rd near Gravenhurst a few times today, thinking of getting started there around 3:30PM. Anyone is welcome, its a pretty fun road with some great scenery. Leaving from Keswick around 2PM, I'll be on a black/yellow CBR300 waiting at hwy 11 and southwood start for a few minutes

Last edited:
Hi there - have you ridden the full length of the road yet this year? I've been avoiding it so far because of the usual sand and bumps. It also got bumpy on Muskoka Rd 9 today. I was out from 6:30 until 11 so am done riding, but enjoy.

-Al

Yeah, I've been on this road 3 times so far this year. There is one long section with a good amount of sand in it and IIRC there is a good sized hole in the middle of the road on one turn as well. The last set of railroad tracks is also pretty gnarly too, I watched a friend of mine get some air off of it. I usually take the first run slowly to refresh myself and spot any trouble areas, then on the way back and the second run I speed it up a little. Great fun there!

The road is in better shape than before. The hole in the southbound lane is still there, about halfway down the road. There is much less sand than the last time I went. Lots of bumps though, I didn't notice how bad they were before. Still a blast to ride though!

And you can't forget about the wall of boobies either!

Well, I rode Southwood 13 from west to east on Saturday morning and the conditions were just about the best I've seen. Not that much sand really and the areas with newer pavement are quite nice. I noticed near the 'moonscape' area where the trees disappear that there were MANY people stopped overnight for a free camp. Lots of tents and I'm sure no bathrooms...

I don't ride past the bra fence, I turn at Canning to go south to Barrie and never get onto 11 at all. I know Oro Medonte quite well.

it seems that every other time I ride Southwood I end up pulling another rider out of a ditch, I'm done with that road until the repave it

it seems that every other time I ride Southwood I end up pulling another rider out of a ditch, I'm done with that road until the repave it

+1 - it is a sh**** road!

Last edited:
Prefer other roads in the area. Further north. A few years ago there was a mini in front of me. Early part of the road heading North. Looking for a place to pass. Good job I stayed behind him. He was there to slide on all the sand. Was fun watching him. Kept my pace down. What with cagers cutting corners have stayed away from it.

Back
Top Bottom