Anyone road cycling? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone road cycling?

sempre1

I was wondering if there is anyone who does road cycling in Durham region preferably from Oshawa -Whitby- I have a Giant trc composite 2.
Let me know if anyone is interested in teaming up.

I gave it up after 5yrs. Found the roads around me too bumpy to enjoy riding. I still mtb though if you're interested.

LOL MTB is the way to go, man! If you wanna stay on the asphalt, keep the motor ;) I have a road bike, but it's a track bike, and I don't ride it like typical "road bikers"

good luck with these busted up roads
worse are people using their cellphones while driving

What's this primitive mode of transportation you're discussing?

I gave it up after 5yrs. Found the roads around me too bumpy to enjoy riding. I still mtb though if you're interested.
I was actually looking for a group of cyclists for rides up to PortPerry or Mosport area. I don't do Mountain Biking.

What's this primitive mode of transportation you're discussing?
I do not understand your question, guess you don't do road cycling.

I ride, but I'm in the south end of Mississauga- Cervélo R3 here, but am shopping for an S5.

I ride, but I'm in the south end of Mississauga- Cervélo R3 here, but am shopping for an S5.
The R3 it is already a nice bike i can't even imagine the S5 how fast could be.
I'm from Oshawa, up here we have some beautiful roads in few minutes away from the City.;)

Check out Durham cycle club. I live up in the area where you wanna ride and they do group rides all the time.

I'm sure you could find a couple people in there.

Father in law is an avid rider.
50th bd started here and went to East coast.
60th started in Victoria and came here.
65th started here and went to Key West.

I really should be into this

Holy crap! I break into a sweat after 5km! Good on him, good to see people active well into their years...my dad likes to work...and work...and work some more...

Anyway, need to ride more!

I ride my old Bottecchia around the roads here north of Kingston. Not too much traffic. If you've got the $$, head to Europe. I just finished a bike and barge trip along the Danube. They've got bike trails all over the place, and cities can get "cycle friendly" designations if they put in sufficient infrastructure.

Check out Durham cycle club. I live up in the area where you wanna ride and they do group rides all the time.

I'm sure you could find a couple people in there.

Father in law is an avid rider.

I really should be into this

Wow that's insane long way to go alot of km's I only do max 100 km's never mind a trip all the way to the East coast. lol I am aware of all of these clubs I was just wondering if there was anyone in Durham that did cycling as well. Actually I think you should get a bike and lets start cycling. LET'S GO!!!!!

I ride my old Bottecchia around the roads here north of Kingston. Not too much traffic. If you've got the $$, head to Europe. I just finished a bike and barge trip along the Danube. They've got bike trails all over the place, and cities can get "cycle friendly" designations if they put in sufficient infrastructure.

Bottecchia reminds me my old Miele! I cant even imagine do a trip down to the Danube!!

Bottecchia reminds me my old Miele!

While Jim would do custom SL/SLX frames (I only knew one person with one), virtually all of their stuff was imported from Taiwan. Bottecchias were all hand built in Italy, bad paint and all.

b302a534.jpg

Wow that's insane long way to go alot of km's I only do max 100 km's never mind a trip all the way to the East coast. lol I am aware of all of these clubs I was just wondering if there was anyone in Durham that did cycling as well. Actually I think you should get a bike and lets start cycling. LET'S GO!!!!!

Not slamming these sports but I've always thought I'd leave cycling and golf for retirement activities. Figure I've got to leave some hobbies to be discovered!

Seriously - I've been thinking of it. I'll let you know when I do

Yeah, I bough the Bottecchia in 1975 after my Peugot got stolen. Put a Brooks leather saddle on it and rode the piss out of it. It was parked for way too long and cost almost as much to get back on the road as it cost to buy originally. Had all the bearings repacked and new tires and cables etc. The Danube was great, about 42 km per day of cycling, mostly on dedicated bike paths. Arrive back at the boat, and right into the cold beer. L

Bottecchia reminds me my old Miele! I cant even imagine do a trip down to the Danube!![/QUOTE

Not slamming these sports but I've always thought I'd leave cycling and golf for retirement activities. Figure I've got to leave some hobbies to be discovered!

Seriously - I've been thinking of it. I'll let you know when I do

100%!!! There's so much to do, so little time.

Back
Top Bottom