A lost motorcycle graveyard in Lockport, NY | GTAMotorcycle.com

A lost motorcycle graveyard in Lockport, NY

The story badly needs a catalogue of what David Cuff managed to rescue

Great story.

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

There is a reason all those bikes were abandoned.

They should have been buried years ago

Yeah. I think I remember Kohl's Cycle Salvage advertising in U.S. mags decades ago. Can't remember which ones though. Looks like he has a lot of fairly low-market junk - cheap small cc Jap bikes, BSA, etc. He might have had a few Triumphs and Nortons in there. Still, with today's hipster kids tooling together the old CBs and Brit bikes, the find could be useful.

I visited and bought parts and bikes from Kohls for over a decade. Mr and Mrs Kohl were motorcycle dealers from the late 1940s and sold new motorcycles well into the early 1980s. The building shown was the last one from the Kohls business. The building stored the least desirable bikes and parts and had not been heated or waterproof in decades. The other buildings and the parts and motorcycles in those buildings were sold to collectors from all over the world before the family finally sold the remains of the business. I bought bikes and parts from the building shown as well and it was a falling down old factory from the 1800s. The area in Lockport NY where the business operated was near the old Erie Canal. Now that the canal has become a historic site, the area has become 'revived'. paulr

Back
Top Bottom