Any older riders get better quotes than Wawanesa for super sports? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any older riders get better quotes than Wawanesa for super sports?

bobjohnson

Looking at maybe picking up an R6, spent the morning on the phone with brokers, looks like Wawanesa is the best option right now at ~1900 a year. Statefarm wants 2700 (2000 a year more than my R3...), intact wont touch it, TD wont touch it, riders choice wont touch it. Has anyone been able to get anything better than wawanesa? Im 31 with an M for 7 years, continuous insurance for 12+ years, clean record. 1900 was the price for insurance in city of toronto proper, i can get it down to 1700 by insuring it outside of the city at my primary residence but I'll mostly be using it in the city so I dont want the hassle if i have to make a claim.

Call this guy ----> All State (Vinnie Narace) – 226-270-6567. Allstate offers a 30% discount for riders with an M license for more than 4 years.

Yeah, All State is the way to go... They beat wawanesa by like 700 bucks. I have to take renters insurance with them to get a bike insured, but I'm only going to pay like 25 a month for that so its well, well worth it. Thanks dudes, the dream of a super sport is alive again.

looks like Wawanesa is the best option right now at ~1900 a year

That seems high, unless you don't have a clean record, or a high risk area I just quoted a 31 year old, 6 years riding experience, High Park area in Toronto, 2015 Yamaha R6 for $1043 year, $500 comp/coll ded

GRANT REDFERN, SENIOR AGENT
ALLSTATE INSURANCE COMPANY OF CANADA
2014, 2015 & 2016 CANADIAN NATIONAL CHAMPION
1555 The Queensway, Bldg D, Unit 4
Etobicoke, ON. M8Z 1T8
[CELL] (647) 297.0690
[OFFICE] (416) 231.5641. Ext. 5011
[FAX] (416) 259.9843
[EMAIL="gredfern@allstate.ca"]gredfern@allstate.ca

I pay about $1,000/year to insure a CBR1000RR.

This^^^^

This is who I use as well..... I have sent 5 friends to him this week.... I know 3 of them have already switched to him... waiting for the other 2 lol

Looking at maybe picking up an R6, spent the morning on the phone with brokers, looks like Wawanesa is the best option right now at ~1900 a year. Statefarm wants 2700 (2000 a year more than my R3...), intact wont touch it, TD wont touch it, riders choice wont touch it. Has anyone been able to get anything better than wawanesa? Im 31 with an M for 7 years, continuous insurance for 12+ years, clean record. 1900 was the price for insurance in city of toronto proper, i can get it down to 1700 by insuring it outside of the city at my primary residence but I'll mostly be using it in the city so I dont want the hassle if i have to make a claim.
im with Wawa and on a 2009 CBR600rr, packaged with my truck i got some sort of discount but im paying $649 a year, full coverage.
i live in barrie so that matters a fair amount...also over 30 and Full M class, riding 10+ yrs.

No idea how you got 649 from wawanessa, my stats are the same as you, completely clean record, even running a quote with my car they were telling me 1700. Maybe the R6 is worse for insurance than a CBR? 650 a year seems really really low.

I ended up not getting the R6 anyway, for the kind of riding I do, the riding position was way too aggressive.

Last edited:
I was quoted $780/year for a 2015 GSX-R1000 through TD Primmum. I was 43 yo when I got the quote. So, try them.

I dunno where you guys are getting these quotes, i ended up picking up an fz6r and even the quotes on that were all between 1100-1800 a year... I called every company, intact, wawanesa, all state, dalton timmis, state farm, TD, riders plus, and the cheapest I could get was through echelon at 1000 a year. Part of the problem is I cant bring my car over because no one can touch my rates (paying 700 a year for the car), but even still I would think the fz6r would get a break on rates, but the quotes i'm getting are equal to a super sport. My licence is clean and my record is clean, the only thing I can guess is that my postal code completely ****s my rate.

I didn't look at insuring *just* my bike with Allstate. I looked at what it would cost me to insure everything- primary vehicle, bike, home, etc. Allstate was the least expensive, and Grant was awesome to work with.

I can see companies charging you a higher rate when you're only bringing over the highest risk portion of the portfolio.

I dunno where you guys are getting these quotes, i ended up picking up an fz6r and even the quotes on that were all between 1100-1800 a year... I called every company, intact, wawanesa, all state, dalton timmis, state farm, TD, riders plus, and the cheapest I could get was through echelon at 1000 a year. Part of the problem is I cant bring my car over because no one can touch my rates (paying 700 a year for the car), but even still I would think the fz6r would get a break on rates, but the quotes i'm getting are equal to a super sport. My licence is clean and my record is clean, the only thing I can guess is that my postal code completely ****s my rate.

I didn't look at insuring *just* my bike with Allstate. I looked at what it would cost me to insure everything- primary vehicle, bike, home, etc. Allstate was the least expensive, and Grant was awesome to work with.

I can see companies charging you a higher rate when you're only bringing over the highest risk portion of the portfolio.

Did the same this year. Took everything from SF to Allstate. Only portion that was slightly more expensive with Allstate was the house, but overall I saved roughly 20% vs. last year with SF, and a heck of a lot more over what SF was asking at renewal this year... I didn't do the math, but it would be closer to 40% with the increase they wanted on the bike.

For the FZ6R all state actually one of the highest quotes, same for car and renters insurance.

Like I said, I would love to bring my car over as well, but I'm only paying 700 a year for it. The closest quote I could get to that was 2400 with wawanessa.... So I'm not going to lose 1700 dollars on the car insurance to save 400 on the bike, doesnt make sense. Also not willing to take an 800 dollar tenant insurance policy when I only have ~5k worth of stuff in my apartment, it just didnt make sense either.

I'm happy with echelon, 1000 a year is "affordable", I just am pretty surprised that an R6 and FZ6R cost about the same to insure, especially because I hear about people my age getting policies on tame bikes for around 500 a year. Guess I will have to move out of the city to see those kinds of savings.

No idea how you got 649 from wawanessa, my stats are the same as you, completely clean record, even running a quote with my car they were telling me 1700. Maybe the R6 is worse for insurance than a CBR? 650 a year seems really really low.

I ended up not getting the R6 anyway, for the kind of riding I do, the riding position was way too aggressive.
i know the GSXR600 costs a lot more than the cbr600rr for insurance.
my buddy in mississauga, same specs as me, same bike (but a 07) pays 1400 a year, no vehicle discount.
thats a big jump just based on city and no multi line discount.

i think my 2014 sierra crew 4x4 costs about $1400 a year, full coverage on it.

what city are you in?? it makes a HUGE difference. even 1 end of mississauga vs the other.
the closer to brampton the higher the rate.

Last edited:
i know the GSXR600 costs a lot more than the cbr600rr for insurance.

It shouldn't cost more, should be the same or a very small difference, within $100.
If both bikes have the same driver, age, experience, territory and years license price will be the same, unless of course one of the drivers is not mentioning convictions

wow!, I just got some amazing quotes from Wawanesa for supersports. Nothing else is really comparable. The closest quote which I thought was pretty good was almost $1000 more.

2010 ZX6R- 1300
2010 Daytona 675- 1368
2010 Ducati 848- 1434

I used 2010 as a baseline because I'm looking for 09-12's. They weren't as competitive with my Ninja 250, Aviva still seems to be the best for that but wow!! I won't be getting it up the *** when I find the right bike. They require a full M and 6+ years experience which many people wanting to jump on a SS don't have. My basic stats...

26, Full M
1 ticket, 0 claims
GTA area but not downtown core
Riding and insured since 2009

Back
Top Bottom