insurance for M2, no G, under 25 | GTAMotorcycle.com

insurance for M2, no G, under 25

moni5550

i read through the charts in the stickied post a few days ago and since have checked out the results i got plus a few other little local places. i am not having luck finding a place that will insure me mainly because i either dont have a full M or full G... no one will insure me with my cnditional M2 and no G...does anyone know of a place that WILL do this? I am wanting to buy my bike soon ( honda cbr125 2007) and i need to set up insurance before i bring it home...any help is much appreciated!

Conditional M2 as in you took the course but are just waiting for the 60 days to pass since you wrote your M1? Riders plus will rate on M2 even with an M1 so long as you have successfully completed the MSC or are planning to within a certain time window, 30 days IIRC.

And you mentioned you need insurance before you "bring it home" - is this suggestive of the fact you've financed the bike? Accordingly, you will need full coverage which can add a lot to the costs.

Riders plus should quote you, as mentioned, just don't expect it to be cheap.

Probably worth calling Dalton Timmis as well. Ask for Andy Singh. The M1 and your age, along with no G licence could be a problem there despite the fact you've chosen a good beginner bike, but it's worth the time to try calling anyways.

Conditional M2 as in you took the course but are just waiting for the 60 days to pass since you wrote your M1? Riders plus will rate on M2 even with an M1 so long as you have successfully completed the MSC or are planning to within a certain time window, 30 days IIRC.

And you mentioned you need insurance before you "bring it home" - is this suggestive of the fact you've financed the bike? Accordingly, you will need full coverage which can add a lot to the costs.

Riders plus should quote you, as mentioned, just don't expect it to be cheap.

Probably worth calling Dalton Timmis as well. Ask for Andy Singh. The M1 and your age, along with no G licence could be a problem there despite the fact you've chosen a good beginner bike, but it's worth the time to try calling anyways.
^Yes to the part about completing my course and waiting for the m2 for 60 days. i havent insured the bike yet. i was waiting to find someone who will insure it/me before i go to pick it up. my friend is selling the bike and she is taking it to get it safety tested etc. i just first want to make sure that i can actually afford the insurance at the moment before i get the bike. etc i will def give them a call tomorrow :)

i just first want to make sure that i can actually afford the insurance at the moment before i get the bike.

Wise decision. Don't commit to anything until you're sure you can actually afford the insurance.

I would like to think most would, with the only issue being the crazy rate they are likely going to charge you for year one. Back when I started I actually had insurance with my M1 through TD MM, but then I also had my car and place with them for a number of years before it.

^Yes to the part about completing my course and waiting for the m2 for 60 days. i havent insured the bike yet. i was waiting to find someone who will insure it/me before i go to pick it up. my friend is selling the bike and she is taking it to get it safety tested etc. i just first want to make sure that i can actually afford the insurance at the moment before i get the bike. etc i will def give them a call tomorrow :)

Also if you have to wait the 60 days tell her not to get the safety certificate yet because they are only valid for 36 days and you'll end up having to get another!

Also if you have to wait the 60 days tell her not to get the safety certificate yet because they are only valid for 36 days and you'll end up having to get another!

No. He can transfer ownership without insurance. If the safety is done it'll be registered "fit", no safety "unfit". You need insurance for plates, not the safety.

i read through the charts in the stickied post a few days ago and since have checked out the results i got plus a few other little local places. i am not having luck finding a place that will insure me mainly because i either dont have a full M or full G... no one will insure me with my cnditional M2 and no G...does anyone know of a place that WILL do this? I am wanting to buy my bike soon ( honda cbr125 2007) and i need to set up insurance before i bring it home...any help is much appreciated!

Your best bet would be to contact Paul South from Aviva, des jardins, statefarm, the personnel. Because I don't think you need car license with them. Depending if you have completed the safety course, your age and your address, your cbr125 should be around $ 1500-2000 annually. I also suggest comparing quote for a 250 & 300. If the quote is not much of a difference for them , I think you should look into those bikes as well.

Back
Top Bottom