Z1 Cycletech/Tuning | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Z1 Cycletech/Tuning

*RANT WARNING*

I've been infrequently using these guys for the past 4 years (back when they were up in thornhill and I stuck with them even though they moved) they worked on my 250 and for the most part I was pleased with the work. There was one incident but I gave em the benefit of the doubt and chalked it up to someone simply making a mistake, they were nice enough to pick me up and fix the problem at no charge.

Fast forward to this season, got a new bike and ended up going to ACE MOTO and being blown away by how great Adrian was. I was planning to only go to him but due to his success you need to book like a month in advance (good for you guys!), so I decided to head over to Z1 and they said they'd be able to help me out no problem. Now, as a business owner myself I know it can be tempting to feel like you can do whatever you want but if you're in any type of service industry you really need to take your customers needs and wants into account and make them your priority. I went to drop off my bike on a Saturday and was told they would be open at 11, so I get there at 10:50 and waited but they didn't end up opening until 11:30. It honestly was no big deal since I didn't say I'd specifically be there at 11 and sometimes these things happen and you open a little late. I told em to give me a ring when the bike would be ready and I was simply told it would be ready on Tuesday morning, however due to my work schedule if I were to pick up the bike during the week it would have to be like practically as soon as they open (which is 10 on weekdays) since I need to make the trip all the way up near Aurora to get to work. I said please call to confirm the job is done because I can't come pick it up without confirmation. I never received a call until Tuesday around the afternoon saying it was "ready as promised" unfortunately I couldn't risk heading down without prior confirmation. I said I could get it on the weekend since I was now feeling a little uneasy about picking it up during the week but was told that they moved other bikes around so they could work on mine since I said I wanted it Tuesday... So then I just agreed to get it on Wednesday and specifically told them that I needed to get it right at 10 when they open, like I SPECIFICALLY mentioned this and they said it would be no problem.

I get there Wednesday like 30 mins early and sit down to wait. 10AM comes and goes with no sign of anyone, by 10:20AM I'm trying to call, I'm knocking on the door and the garage door but no one seems to be around. It wasn't until 10:45 when the door is finally opened, at this point I'm already ****** for work. To make matters worse, the person opening the door was preoccupied doing something and had 0 urgency whatsoever, he just kept doing his thing slowly while half-heartedly apologizing to me, honestly I don't need an apology I just need to get my stuff and leave. I had money in hand and I was ready to just go meanwhile there was ZERO URGENCY on their part. I don't want to necessarily share the excuse I was given as to why the shop was opened late since it was absolutely BS, it was a very unprofessional excuse... If someone was running late, an accident or something happened fine I can understand but it honestly was just them not giving a ****.

I have never been so disrespected, we specifically agreed and I specifically told them how important it was that I get the bike exactly at the specified time and they acknowledged this. Then for them to just literally give zero sh*ts about it and for me to leave nearly an hour later is just unacceptable. On top of having to pay them I myself lose money for not being able to get to work on time, absolutely ridiculous and the part that really annoys me is I had this in the back of my head but I let them talk me into picking it up during the week instead of simply saying no and choosing to go on the weekend.

Hope they take a look at how they treat their customers. Needless to say they've lost my business and I won't be so inclined to recommend them to the people I ride with.
I know you're ****** because you were late for work, but take into consideration that they did bump you up as a favor because you said you wanted to pick up the bike Tuesday and then you changed your mind and wanted to pick up on the weekend instead.

I have never been to Z1 or have any idea who they are, but they probably were not too pleased either.

I know you're ****** because you were late for work, but take into consideration that they did bump you up as a favor because you said you wanted to pick up the bike Tuesday and then you changed your mind and wanted to pick up on the weekend instead.

I have never been to Z1 or have any idea who they are, but they probably were not too pleased either.

Please explain why they wouldn't be too happy?

I never asked to be bumped, I never said the work was urgent. I said when is the earlier they could have it done, they told me Tuesday so I asked to get a call prior to Tuesday when the work is done because if it were going to be Tuesday or any weekday I'd have to get it right when they open. Where do I change my mind? I didn't get the confirmation by Tuesday and got a call Tuesday when I was already at work, so I suggested the weekend they said that wouldn't be cool because the work was done so I said ok and we agreed to Wednesday. I legit don't know what you were reading m8 but it wasn't the quote by me.

Please explain why they wouldn't be too happy?

I never asked to be bumped, I never said the work was urgent. I said when is the earlier they could have it done, they told me Tuesday so I asked to get a call prior to Tuesday when the work is done because if it were going to be Tuesday or any weekday I'd have to get it right when they open. Where do I change my mind? I didn't get the confirmation by Tuesday and got a call Tuesday when I was already at work, so I suggested the weekend they said that wouldn't be cool because the work was done so I said ok and we agreed to Wednesday. I legit don't know what you were reading m8 but it wasn't the quote by me.

I read this part

"was told that they moved other bikes around so they could work on mine since I said I wanted it Tuesday"

Sorry if I misunderstood. I thought they bumped it up for you.

what does being bumped up to tuesday have to do with "meeting" at a predetermined opening time? nothing.
you say you'll be there at such and such a time you be there. simple. what are you saying we moved your bike to tuesday so you owe us - now i can be late by a half hour or hour for a meeting. BS. not showing up at an agreed upon time is simply irresponsible and shows lack of character. be a man of your word. ummm, he didn't change his mind about picking up the bike, - thats why he set up a meeting and was there. wtf he didn't put anybody out.

edit
why the rant- took the forks off a fzr400 and brought them to a very well known shop and was told $300 to change the seals ( i had the seals and oil). wtf there off the bike and you want $300 for a job i know takes a half hour? i brought them to another shop and they changed them while i waited $70. shops don't give a fack....

if the shop wasn't a td provider i would name them

Last edited:
Zaid is probably burning the midnight oil to keep up. Worse time of the year to try and get your bike serviced, shops are swamped.

Z1 got your bike fixed, you would have still been waiting a month for your go to guy to do the same, 30 mins vs 30 days .

Valid point. It sucks that you were late but you got your bike on the road much faster.

What bike is it and what did you need done?

I too operate a small business, If I make a commitment to a client to be at the shop at say 10 am, I am there by 9:45. That is "client service" If you have posted "opening hours" then you as the owner make sure someone is there, and the door is open at the posted time. If getting to the shop at that time of day is an issue, Then adjust the opening hours, to a time when you and your staff can make it.

Sounds from the OP, (he didn't post he saw them arriving to the shop and going in), they may have been inside working already, which I get you get involved in something, and forget to go open the front door. But seeing others have posted they also had issues with the shop not opening on time, it needs to be addressed, by the owner, (it is his name on the door, and by extension, his reputation).

To the OP, did you knock on the door at the opening hour? Or walk around the shop to see if any doors were open or if you could see signs of life? May not have hurt to knock on the overhead shop door.

I also agree a phone call to the shop owner to provide feedback would be in order. As an owner I can't correct an issue until I am aware of it. I used to work for an owner, who was NEVER at the shop at opening time.

Zaid may know his stuff but he needs to get his **** together, or don't run a shop..waited a month for an appointment, dropped it off was told he'd get to it the next day , waited another month while it sat there untouched before taking it back. Took it elsewhere and he had it on the dyno in 15 min and diagnosed my problem. afterwards called about 10 times asking for an old map of mine zaid has and never heard back. Never going there again .

Zaid may know his stuff but he needs to get his **** together, or don't run a shop..waited a month for an appointment, dropped it off was told he'd get to it the next day , waited another month while it sat there untouched before taking it back. Took it elsewhere and he had it on the dyno in 15 min and diagnosed my problem. afterwards called about 10 times asking for an old map of mine zaid has and never heard back. Never going there again .

Did you steal his GF or you dating his sister/brother?:D

Back
Top Bottom